Director New Distribution
Retail, Sales and Commercial
Sonos is looking for a strategic Director New Distribution who will support and create our new distribution strategy around brand led distribution channels. Those channels contain existing high profile retailers such as Apple Retail and new non-traditional retailers to seek for creative ways to connect with our Audience. Examples could be Telco, Home design, Music Services. From the relationships you will build will follow innovative and disruptive activities that will target the music-loving audience. Working closely with the Global Partnering team when it comes to a new distribution pipeline is essential. Building a network into other important parts of the Sonos organization such as Marketing and our region based organization (e.g. EMEA, China) is inevitable.
The core purpose if this role is to partner with an unprecedented partner pool for Sonos such as Apple Retail and to maximize the new household opportunity by targeting the Sonos Audience where they shop.
Our band is large. And while there’s plenty of room for all kinds of personalities and skill sets to succeed, there are certain qualities that will help you thrive here.
Like a never-accept-less work ethic. An exceptionally low ego-to-talent ratio (none of the first, tons of the latter). A relentless craving to push past your limits and try new things. The smarts and the humble confidence to take on big challenges, make mistakes fast and early, embrace tough feedback, then recover quickly with fresh, startlingly perfect solutions. A fearless willingness to defend great work. And a tendency to totally geek out on music.
If this sounds like you, read on and let’s connect soon.
- Work out a strategy around new distribution (brand led and transactional led distribution) and develop ways to intersect with our Audience (Modern Music Lover) where they shop.
- Strategize and size the opportunities using the new distribution criteria and analytical tools.
- Build relationships within these channels to work on quarterly activity plans to drive Sonos household penetration.
- You will have to balance strategic thinking with a roll up sleeves mentality when it comes to accountability for your channel.
- Manage the existing channels that fall under the new distribution (Apple Retail, West Elm, Zola etc.)
- Work closely with all functions of the Sonos US teams (Sales Analytics, Finance, Marketing, Ops, Partnerships) to ensure the channels are understood and properly reflected in the key processes for Sonos (e.g. forecasting)
- The biggest challenge will be to balance exploring new opportunities and vs executing on the existing opportunities. There will be more options than realistically can be done. Prioritization and focus will be key for your success.
• This position will be part of the US leadership team and will not have direct reports for now.
Are you ready to Rock this job? If yes, send us your application and impress us! If not, but you feel inspired and believe in our story and you strongly feel you can contribute and be a game-changer, stay in touch through our Talent Network, Twitter or follow us on LinkedIn.
If you fit the requirements for this role you'll be invited for a video interview with one of our recruiters. In the rounds following the conversation with the recruiter you'll be meeting band members from our Sales and Marketing team in the US and if you'll proceed further you can expect a case study.
In 2002, we set out to reinvent home audio for the digital age. Our mission–to fill every home with amazing sounding music. Yes, it was an ambitious goal. Challenging, too. And that hasn’t changed.
Since those early days, we’ve remained tirelessly focused on finding innovative ways to make listening out loud, with friends and loved ones, the truly transformative experience it should be. We’ve seen our vision capture the imaginations of music lovers in more than 60 countries, as we’ve continued to introduce products, software, and technologies that help people share the songs they love, discover new music they never knew existed, and experience richer, more musical lives.
At Sonos, we are building a team with extraordinary talent to help us fill every home with music. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.