Director Hardware Product Management
Department: Product Management
More than a candidate that checks every box, we’re looking for people who are excited to work, learn, and grow at Sonos—no matter their background or how they identify. If that’s you, we hope you’ll apply for this role.
You want to be part of a team.
You come with new ideas and a unique point of view. You look forward to collaborating with a diverse team of individuals. You assume everyone’s best intentions, welcome a healthy debate, and embrace differing opinions. You eagerly seek and give help. Transparency tops your list of values, and you proactively contribute to a culture of respect and inclusion.
You enjoy a challenge.
Inquisitive and focused, you see every challenge as an opportunity. You’re ambitious and comfortable making mistakes because you learn from them and bounce back quickly. You would rather create the future than wait for it. You prioritize long-term value over short-term objectives.
You love to listen.
You approach every interaction with curiosity and a desire to understand. You want to make a positive impact in the world. You’re passionate about culture and know the power that music, film, podcasts, games, and stories have to bring people together.
- You are personally driven by delivering superior quality and exceptional results.
- You are a true evangelist of Sonos, our customer and the product experience.
- People describe you as charismatic, compelling, and a calming force for good.
- You have always been told that you are a natural leader.
- You know how to inspire. You are responsible for ensuring the company understands the "why" we’re building a product, and you guide the team to deliver effective, engaging and inspirational product visions that motivate the entire organization.
- You believe that judgments and decisions must be grounded in a deep understanding of the market and competitive landscape. You have a proven track record of using insights, paired with a business expertise and strategic thinking, to deliver game changing products.
- You believe deeply in innovation and constant learning. You will always be testing and refining our product strategies to ensure they are evergreen. You have a proven ability to interweave cutting-edge technology into the customer experience and product roadmaps.
- You see value in diversity of thought and you actively seek out the perspectives of teams and individuals across regions and functions. You naturally build strong working relationships across all levels of the organization, including teammates who are at other Sonos locations or who work remotely
- You believe in the power of teams, and you have an uncompromising team work ethic with deep experience in leading teams of product creators.
- Once you’ve created the strategies to help guide which products and experiences we deliver, you lead and motivate the team to realize that vision. You:
- Deliver context to the team on a regular basis and arm them with information and tools to make great calls.
- Create the space for the team to push the limits of what’s possible, but also provide guardrails that keep the products within timelines and budgets.
- Are a mentor, facilitator, and model our behaviors every day. You remain curious and open to learning and collaborating.
- As a leader, you believe you are in service to your team, and you:
- Have a natural ability to anticipate roadblocks that your team might encounter and then proactively remove hurdles to allow the team to continue moving forward.
- Regularly take on the "hard decisions" so that the teams can focus on their work, while coaching your people in getting better at making “hard decisions” over time.
- You are constantly developing your team and cultivating new leaders. You guide the team to deliver effective, engaging and inspirational product visions that motivate the entire product organization. You are responsible for ensuring the company understands the "why" we’re building a product.
- Building and leading the Hardware Product Management Team.
- Creating a vision for the future of the Sonos Hardware portfolio both the current categories and things that we haven’t yet imagined.
- Partnering deeply with the hardware and software organizations to build out the next set of experiences that build upon our product vision of creating the ultimate sound experience.
- Be an active part of the Sonos culture and lead the team through the lens of our values and behaviors.
- Creating a long-term talent management plan, including developing your current team and recruiting new talent.
- Working with product marketing and sales teams to create the product stories and while maintaining a deep understand the competitive landscape.
- Developing product positioning and have an integral role in product pricing, feature sets and launch timing.
- 15+ years’ experience in a Product Management Leadership or similar role, defining and leading the creation of consumer products.
- You have managed a team of product managers who have owned +$1 billion in revenue.
- You are driven by delivering superior quality and the best product experiences in the world.
- Uncompromising team work ethic with a deep experience leading global teams of product creators and the experiences that they deliver.
Sonos is a sound experience company. We pioneered multiroom wireless audio, made it sound amazing, and changed the way people listen, making it effortless for them to enjoy what they want, where they want, how they want.
Today we continue empowering listeners by developing new technologies, thoughtfully designing products, expanding our software platform, and crafting brilliant sound experiences while participating in a culture that values respect, transparency, collaboration, and ownership.
Together we’re working to positively impact the world and inspire everyone to listen better—because listening brings people together, builds understanding, drives change, and makes us happier.
Notice to European Job Applicants: Information you submit as a part of your job application will be used in accordance with Sonos EU Job Applicant Privacy Notice.
Notice to U.S. Job Applicants: Sonos is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Follow the links to review the EEO is the Law poster and its supplement. The pay transparency policy is available here. Sonos is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.