Director Custom Installer Channel
Retail, Sales and Commercial
Our custom installer channel delivers the best in class customer experience and touches a part of our audience that is looking for turnkey solutions when it comes to entertainment and connected home. Sonos is looking for a Director for our Custom Installer Channel who will be responsible for our existing Custom Installer business and for growth driving initiatives such as Adjacencies (Builder and Security) and Endorsed Partner Program (Crestron, Lutron etc.) You will own the entire customer journey for this channel: From trigger to convert and from customer experience to implementing the Sonos company and brand strategy. The relationships you will build will follow innovative activities that will target the music-loving audience. As we want to fill every home with music, you will be given the opportunity and challenge to target our audience before they even hit a store to educate themselves. Working closely with our field team, operations, finance, marketing and our Global Partnering team you will be heading a channel with outstanding growth potential and very valued partners that have been supporting Sonos almost since day one.
The core purpose if this role is to harvest on our current business, help to break through our existing initiatives and identify new activities to ensure continuous growth also in the future. To be successful in this role you will have to be able to maintain existing relationships and create new ones based on market analysis, empathy and business case capabilities.
Our band is large. And while there’s plenty of room for all kinds of personalities and skill sets to succeed, there are certain qualities that will help you thrive here.
Like a never-accept-less work ethic. An exceptionally low ego-to-talent ratio (none of the first, tons of the latter). A relentless craving to push past your limits and try new things. The smarts and the humble confidence to take on big challenges, make mistakes fast and early, embrace tough feedback, then recover quickly with fresh, startlingly perfect solutions. A fearless willingness to defend great work. And a tendency to totally geek out on music.
If this sounds like you, read on and let’s connect soon.
• Work out a strategy for our existing businesses and potential new partnership segments.
• Build relationships within these segments to identify and drive growth and profitability.
• Work closely with all functions of the Sonos US teams (Field team, Marketing, Ops, Partnering) to ensure the accounts have cut through marketing and a pro-active innovative approach to attracting new customers.
• This position will be part of the US leadership team and will have 2 direct reports as well as 2 indirect headcounts (Channel Marketing and Account Operations)
• You will balance strategic responsibilities with getting out there in the field and getting things done.
• The biggest challenge will be to balance exploring new opportunities and executing on them, there will be more possible than realistically can be done. Prioritization and focus setting will be key for your success.
• You’ll have developed excellent relationships on C level with our Endorsed partners and our dealer council. You’ve set us apart from other CE company through the initiatives you’ve driven.
• To be successful you will need love this role and not be driven by amount of direct reports or short-term career advancements.
• Track record in Director level roles at high growth, brand lead and innovative companies.
• Natural networker both internally as externally
• Existing network at VP level across industries
• Master’s Degree
• Analytical, Curious, Entrepreneurial and Creative.
• You’re vocal in expressing your thoughts and thinking behind it.
• Test and learn oriented
• Proven success in setting up new GTM channels
• Disruptive thinker with a strong innovative entrepreneurial mindset.
• Ability to combine both strategy-based thinking and analytic analysis to support
your work and approaches.
• Demonstrate a strong "North Star" regarding ethics and integrity in his/her leadership
• Passionate, inspiring music lover.
Are you ready to Rock this job? If yes, send us your application and impress us! If not, but you feel inspired and believe in our story and you strongly feel you can contribute and be a game-changer, stay in touch through our Talent Network, Twitter or follow us on LinkedIn.
If you fit the requirements for this role you'll be invited for a video interview with one of our recruiters. In the rounds following the conversation with the recruiter you'll be meeting band members from our Sales and Marketing team in the US and if you'll proceed further you can expect a case study.
In 2002, we set out to reinvent home audio for the digital age. Our mission–to fill every home with amazing sounding music. Yes, it was an ambitious goal. Challenging, too. And that hasn’t changed.
Since those early days, we’ve remained tirelessly focused on finding innovative ways to make listening out loud, with friends and loved ones, the truly transformative experience it should be. We’ve seen our vision capture the imaginations of music lovers in more than 60 countries, as we’ve continued to introduce products, software, and technologies that help people share the songs they love, discover new music they never knew existed, and experience richer, more musical lives.
At Sonos, we are building a team with extraordinary talent to help us fill every home with music. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.