Digital Electrical Engineer
Location: Santa Barbara
- Energetic, passionate, and thorough
- Ability to use simulation/analysis tools and engineering judgment to close issues
- Strong sense of ownership, able to execute on designs as well as explain design decisions to others
- Excellent time management
- Ready to join a team, continue learning, and contribute to our success
More than a candidate that checks every box, we’re looking for people who are excited to work, learn, and grow at Sonos—no matter their background or how they identify. If that’s you, we hope you’ll apply for this role.
You want to be part of a team.
You come with new ideas and a unique point of view. You look forward to collaborating with a diverse team of individuals. You assume everyone’s best intentions, welcome a healthy debate, and embrace differing opinions. You eagerly seek and give help. Transparency tops your list of values, and you proactively contribute to a culture of respect and inclusion.
You enjoy a challenge.
Inquisitive and focused, you see every challenge as an opportunity. You’re ambitious and comfortable making mistakes because you learn from them and bounce back quickly. You would rather create the future than wait for it. You prioritize long-term value over short-term objectives.
You love to listen.
You approach every interaction with curiosity and a desire to understand. You want to make a positive impact in the world. You’re passionate about culture and know the power that music, film, podcasts, games, and stories have to bring people together.
- Participate in the development of ground breaking world class audio products
- Design CPU subsystems and other digital circuits
- Capture ORCAD schematics and guide PCB designers on optimum circuit layout
- Measure and test new designs; debug and improve those designs as necessary
- Perform circuit simulation and electronic tests for signal integrity and impedance matching
- Work cooperatively across disciplines in a fast-paced environment
- Enhance the excellence of Sonos products through research and prototyping of new technologies
- BS or MS degree in Electrical Engineering with a concentration in high speed digital design
- Solid understanding of the following digital designs: CPU, PCIe, SDIO, DDR, NAND Flash, USB, Ethernet, I2S, I2C,..
- Good knowledge of high performance ADC and DAC
- Basic knowledge of switching regulators
- Lab experience on independent and team design projects
- Experience with circuit simulation software
- Familiarity with oscilloscopes, logic analyzers and other electronic lab equipment
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills
Sonos is a sound experience company. We pioneered multiroom wireless audio, made it sound amazing, and changed the way people listen, making it effortless for them to enjoy what they want, where they want, how they want.
Today we continue empowering listeners by developing new technologies, thoughtfully designing products, expanding our software platform, and crafting brilliant sound experiences while participating in a culture that values respect, transparency, collaboration, and ownership.
Together we’re working to positively impact the world and inspire everyone to listen better—because listening brings people together, builds understanding, drives change, and makes us happier.
Notice to European Job Applicants: Information you submit as a part of your job application will be used in accordance with Sonos EU Job Applicant Privacy Notice.
Notice to U.S. Job Applicants: Sonos is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Follow the links to review the EEO is the Law poster and its supplement. The pay transparency policy is available here. Sonos is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.