Design Project Manager - Packaging
Department: Design and Creative
Location: Boston, Santa Barbara
More than a candidate that checks every box, we’re looking for people who are excited to work, learn, and grow at Sonos—no matter their background or how they identify. If that’s you, we hope you’ll apply for this role.
You want to be part of a team.
You come with new ideas and a unique point of view. You look forward to collaborating with a diverse team of individuals. You assume everyone’s best intentions, welcome a healthy debate, and embrace differing opinions. You eagerly seek and give help. Transparency tops your list of values, and you proactively contribute to a culture of respect and inclusion.
You enjoy a challenge.
Inquisitive and focused, you see every challenge as an opportunity. You’re ambitious and comfortable making mistakes because you learn from them and bounce back quickly. You would rather create the future than wait for it. You prioritize long-term value over short-term objectives.
You love to listen.
You approach every interaction with curiosity and a desire to understand. You want to make a positive impact in the world. You’re passionate about culture and know the power that music, film, podcasts, games, and stories have to bring people together.
- Partner with packaging design and engineering teams in the development of project scopes, deliverable dependencies, timelines, and priorities.
- Develop and track the packaging budget, estimating and invoicing processes for packaging development.
- Develop, communicate, and manage project deliverables, timelines and status to internal and external partners; track all packaging deliverables by developing timelines and schedules dependent on the program launch goals.
- Plan for and manage packaging development of Global and regional packaging initiatives.
- Seek alignment in best practices with other Project Management teams within Sonos and develop for Packaging teams in order to support accelerated development and growth.
- Manage activities outside of the HW process required to keep the projects moving (NDA, SOW, Quote, Supplier setup).
- Ingenuity: You are able to creatively problem-solve to achieve our targets. You’re at ease working in a fast-paced, ambiguous, deadline-driven work environment.
- Collaboration: You have a demonstrated ability to gain trust, engage and influence people and teams at all organizational levels (teams include: Product Development, Marketing, Compliance, Brand, Legal, and external partners such as Design agencies and Packaging Suppliers).
- Organizational skills: You’re detail-driven, capable of navigating packaging interaction and development processes for volume production.
- Bachelor’s degree (Packaging, Engineering, Business, Marketing, Advertising or related studies).
- Educational background in Packaging Engineering or Graphic Communications desired, but not required.
- At least 3 to 5+ years of program/project management experience, ideally in a design/agency/creative environment.
- Solid expertise in managing multiple complex projects concurrently.
- Experience with web-based proofing processes and management software to handle timelines, consolidation, and resolution of artwork changes.
- Excellent written, visual and oral communication skills.
- Ability to multitask, work quickly, accurately, but take time for reflection and innovation
- Able to travel approximately 10% annually.
- Experienced in G-suite, Team Gantt or equivalent, Visio or equivalent, Confluence
Sonos is a sound experience company. We pioneered multiroom wireless audio, made it sound amazing, and changed the way people listen, making it effortless for them to enjoy what they want, where they want, how they want.
Today we continue empowering listeners by developing new technologies, thoughtfully designing products, expanding our software platform, and crafting brilliant sound experiences while participating in a culture that values respect, transparency, collaboration, and ownership.
Together we’re working to positively impact the world and inspire everyone to listen better—because listening brings people together, builds understanding, drives change, and makes us happier.
Notice to European Job Applicants: Information you submit as a part of your job application will be used in accordance with Sonos EU Job Applicant Privacy Notice.
Notice to U.S. Job Applicants: Sonos is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Follow the links to review the EEO is the Law poster and its supplement. The pay transparency policy is available here. Sonos is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.