Demand Driver Forecaster
Boston, Santa Barbara
Music lovers are the heart and soul of Sonos. We’re a company created by music lovers, for music lovers. And everything we do - from the products we design to the way we run our business - expresses that passion.
It’s an incredibly exciting time to be at Sonos. In fact, there’s never been a better time in history to be into music - both as a consumer and as a business. Sonos is launching new award-winning products to make all the music on earth available all over the house. Customers and reviewers alike are raving about our company and our products and the people who work here are, too. It takes the best and the brightest to create a revolutionary product like our speakers and we have experts from every discipline to make this happen. As our business expands worldwide, we’re always looking to add more talent to our team - which is where you come in.
We are looking for a strong individual and team player to enhance and evolve our qualitative and quantifiable understanding of the internal and external activities and drivers that impact our business. A successful candidate will contribute to company strategic and investment planning through the translation of strategy into medium and long term forecasts for our key performance metrics. The person will work closely with stakeholders across the organization including business owners and regional/country business owners. This is a challenging position (in a good way) with great learning potential so intellectual curiosity is a requirement for success.
Our band is large. And while there’s plenty of room for all kinds of personalities and skill sets to succeed, there are certain qualities that will help you thrive here.
Like a never-accept-less work ethic. An exceptionally low ego-to-talent ratio (none of the first, tons of the latter). A relentless craving to push past your limits and try new things. The smarts and the humble confidence to take on big challenges, make mistakes fast and early, embrace tough feedback, then recover quickly with fresh, startlingly perfect solutions. A fearless willingness to defend great work. And a tendency to totally geek out on music.
If this sounds like you, read on and let’s connect soon.
A successful candidate will bring:
- A passion for understanding not just the “what” (numbers) but the “why” (the experiences we’re creating and how that translates to purchase behaviors).
- Deep desire to understand Sonos to gain the right context behind the forecast
- Can apply knowledge and experience from their past but in a way that accelerates our forecasting capabilities.
- Knows how to glean insight from the world, the market and the company.
- More than a numbers person and yet strong ability to build impact models at scale.
- Primary business partner with medium and long term Demand Driver Subject Matter. experts. For example, impact of a global promo. Key the person has enough of business acumen to be an active participant in the analysis together with the SME.
- Part of the core demand driver team (typically a SME, a Project Mgr and a Demand Driver Forecaster).
- Working closely with the regional forecasting teams layering in demand drivers into their forecast models.
- Drive the end to end analysis of Demand drivers (partly in collaboration with Forecasting Analyst).
- Main analyst on long term planning models (for example – revenue model of 2020/2021)
- Working together with the NPI teams for analytical support of NPI forecasts.
Apply now and if there is a strong match, you'll be invited for a first phone interview with one of our recruiters.
In 2002, we set out to reinvent home audio for the digital age. Our mission–to fill every home with amazing sounding music. Yes, it was an ambitious goal. Challenging, too. And that hasn’t changed.
Since those early days, we’ve remained tirelessly focused on finding innovative ways to make listening out loud, with friends and loved ones, the truly transformative experience it should be. We’ve seen our vision capture the imaginations of music lovers in more than 60 countries, as we’ve continued to introduce products, software, and technologies that help people share the songs they love, discover new music they never knew existed, and experience richer, more musical lives.
At Sonos, we are building a team with extraordinary talent to help us fill every home with music. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.