Data Warehouse Manager
Department: Product Operations
Location: Boston, Seattle
At Sonos, we are passionate about bringing music into every home. To fulfill this mission, we have developed an unquenchable thirst for data. We use data to understand how our products are performing, which features need to be improved, design future products, optimize our supply chain and sales channel performance, and learn how our customers experience music.
The enterprise data warehouse is at the core of our company-wide reporting, providing governed, reliable data that is used to deliver valuable insights into the business’ operations. As the manager of the Data Warehouse team, you will play a key role in expanding the visibility the warehouse provides by working closely with functional teams across Sonos, understanding new business areas and product offerings. In addition, as Sonos is a growing company, you will play a crucial role in creating the roadmap to transition the data warehouse from its SQL Server environment to new technologies.
You will be a player coach for the team, providing technical and architectural guidance while also growing and developing team members. In addition, you will partner and align with the functional teams relying on the warehouse, to ensure they can effectively access the data they need.
More than a candidate that checks every box, we’re looking for people who are excited to work, learn, and grow at Sonos—no matter their background or how they identify. If that’s you, we hope you’ll apply for this role.
You want to be part of a team.
You come with new ideas and a unique point of view. You look forward to collaborating with a diverse team of individuals. You assume everyone’s best intentions, welcome a healthy debate, and embrace differing opinions. You eagerly seek and give help. Transparency tops your list of values, and you proactively contribute to a culture of respect and inclusion.
You enjoy a challenge.
Inquisitive and focused, you see every challenge as an opportunity. You’re ambitious and comfortable making mistakes because you learn from them and bounce back quickly. You would rather create the future than wait for it. You prioritize long-term value over short-term objectives.
You love to listen.
You approach every interaction with curiosity and a desire to understand. You want to make a positive impact in the world. You’re passionate about culture and know the power that music, film, podcasts, games, and stories have to bring people together.
- Work closely with project managers, business analysts, data modelers and solution architects to ensure timely, efficient execution of project deliverables. Ensure solutions scale and perform as expected
- Align on how functional teams across the company will pull the data they need from the warehouse. Clearly define the demarcation of ownership and work with teams on the skillsets they would need
- Actively contribute to the architecture and plan to transition the data warehouse from SQL Server to Snowflake
- Strong data warehouse design skills including Star and Snowflake schemas
- Coach and develop team members to provide them technical and career development
- Write and update SSIS packages.
- Design and implement web pages for use with exceptions and reference data entry.
- Create and maintain technical documentation.
- Assist in the ongoing development of technical best practices for data movement and storage.
- 10+ years experience with MS SQL Server.
- 4+ years experience leading data warehouse development teams.
- In depth experience with the SSIS ETL software tool. (SQL 2008-R2-2014).
- Experience with c# custom SSIS tasks. Including custom sources and destinations.
- Strong T-SQL optimization skills. Should understand indexing and partitioning of tables.
- Experience writing tech documentation for data loads.
- Good analytical skills and ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Proven experience in working closely with both internal customers and external customers.
- Bachelor’s degree or work experience equivalent.
- Have knowledge about Agile Development methodology.
- Simple Tableau and/or MicroStrategy report writing.
Sonos is a sound experience company. We pioneered multiroom wireless audio, made it sound amazing, and changed the way people listen, making it effortless for them to enjoy what they want, where they want, how they want.
Today we continue empowering listeners by developing new technologies, thoughtfully designing products, expanding our software platform, and crafting brilliant sound experiences while participating in a culture that values respect, transparency, collaboration, and ownership.
Together we’re working to positively impact the world and inspire everyone to listen better—because listening brings people together, builds understanding, drives change, and makes us happier.
Notice to European Job Applicants: Information you submit as a part of your job application will be used in accordance with Sonos EU Job Applicant Privacy Notice.
Notice to U.S. Job Applicants: Sonos is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Follow the links to review the EEO is the Law poster and its supplement. The pay transparency policy is available here. Sonos is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.