Creative Director, Mobile Apps Experience
Department: Design and Creative
Location: Santa Barbara, Seattle
More than a candidate that checks every box, we’re looking for people who are excited to work, learn, and grow at Sonos—no matter their background or how they identify. If that’s you, we hope you’ll apply for this role.
You want to be part of a team.
You come with new ideas and a unique point of view. You look forward to collaborating with a diverse team of individuals. You assume everyone’s best intentions, welcome a healthy debate, and embrace differing opinions. You eagerly seek and give help. Transparency tops your list of values, and you proactively contribute to a culture of respect and inclusion.
You enjoy a challenge.
Inquisitive and focused, you see every challenge as an opportunity. You’re ambitious and comfortable making mistakes because you learn from them and bounce back quickly. You would rather create the future than wait for it. You prioritize long-term value over short-term objectives.
You love to listen.
You approach every interaction with curiosity and a desire to understand. You want to make a positive impact in the world. You’re passionate about culture and know the power that music, film, podcasts, games, and stories have to bring people together.
2. Extend the design system as you work with designers across the UX team.
- Do both hands on design work and provide direction of our product’s visual design.
- Own and drive the effort to up-level visual design quality in our mobile apps.
- Bring our brand design into our product in a way that is thoughtful, intentional and systematic. Establish a direction which balances the personal tone of our brand with the utility of our product. Form a strong relationship with our Brand Design team.
- Produce stylesheets, mood boards, mockups and other explorations that push the aesthetic of our product to be more coherent, more modern and more beautiful.
- Give thoughtful and actionable visual design feedback to our Product Designers.
- Work closely with Engineers to implement your designs at a high degree of quality.
- You have experience effectively using outside resources (agencies, contractors, illustrators) to extend the capabilities of the team. Having a network of past resources is a plus.
- You thrive in a fast paced, constantly changing environment
- You’re an excellent self starter who's hungry for learning.
- Incredible eye for detail. You value quality and polish in the work that you and your team produce.
- Experience designing experiences that scale for mobile, tablet, and desktop devices.
- Ability to generate attractive ideas in a wide range of visual styles.
- Experience designing digital products and systems, not just websites.
- Strong understanding of classic graphic design principles and how to apply them.
- Highly refined visual design skills and the ability to communicate the rationale & intent behind decisions.
Sonos is a sound experience company. We pioneered multiroom wireless audio, made it sound amazing, and changed the way people listen, making it effortless for them to enjoy what they want, where they want, how they want.
Today we continue empowering listeners by developing new technologies, thoughtfully designing products, expanding our software platform, and crafting brilliant sound experiences while participating in a culture that values respect, transparency, collaboration, and ownership.
Together we’re working to positively impact the world and inspire everyone to listen better—because listening brings people together, builds understanding, drives change, and makes us happier.
Notice to European Job Applicants: Information you submit as a part of your job application will be used in accordance with Sonos EU Job Applicant Privacy Notice.
Notice to U.S. Job Applicants: Sonos is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Follow the links to review the EEO is the Law poster and its supplement. The pay transparency policy is available here. Sonos is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.