Boston, Santa Barbara
Sonos is looking for a strong Paralegal who will be responsible for helping with corporate securities and transactional matters and will provide both administrative as well as legal support to the legal team. You will be part of the global legal team but you will also be interacting directly with several groups within the wider global organization. The position reports into the Director, Legal, GTM and Corporate Governance. The opening may be filled in Santa Barbara, CA or Boston, MA
The people we choose will be able to make a big difference to the success of Sonos in filling every home with music. This position delivers a real opportunity for you to become a shining star within a brand with massive potential.
The terrific part is that we have a great story – extremely cool products, collaborative teams and dizzying growth. If you love music, solving challenges, and doing things the right way every time, we’d like to talk to you.
Our band is large. And while there’s plenty of room for all kinds of personalities and skill sets to succeed, there are certain qualities that will help you thrive here.
Like a never-accept-less work ethic. An exceptionally low ego-to-talent ratio (none of the first, tons of the latter). A relentless craving to push past your limits and try new things. The smarts and the humble confidence to take on big challenges, make mistakes fast and early, embrace tough feedback, then recover quickly with fresh, startlingly perfect solutions. A fearless willingness to defend great work. And a tendency to totally geek out on music.
If this sounds like you, read on and let’s connect soon.
• Coordinate and help manage securities transactions and various regulatory filings.
• Maintain internal documents related to securities and buy/sell transactions.
• Act as a primary contact for the tax and accounting teams on all corporate initiatives.
• Manage all US business filings and foreign corporation filings.
• Interface with employees and stockholders on various matters.
• Administrative support for corporate contracts.
• 5-10 years’ experience in a similar role for an in house legal team or law firm.
• Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience. Paralegal Degree preferred.
• Notary Public preferred.
• Knowledge of securities and corporate law.
• Attention to detail and the ability to prioritize.
• Hands-on approach and strong business sense.
• Experience working with cloud based software solutions, including document management systems.
• Excellent computer skills with Microsoft Office suite of programs: MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, including experience creating spreadsheets, presentations and reports.
• Fluent in English.
Are you ready to rock this job? If yes, send us your application and impress us! If not, but you feel inspired and believe in our story and you strongly feel you can contribute and be a game-changer, stay in touch through our Talent Network, Twitter or follow us on LinkedIn.
If you fit the requirements for this role you'll be invited for a video interview. In the rounds following the first conversation you'll be meeting band members from our wider Legal team in the US.
In 2002, we set out to reinvent home audio for the digital age. Our mission–to fill every home with amazing sounding music. Yes, it was an ambitious goal. Challenging, too. And that hasn’t changed.
Since those early days, we’ve remained tirelessly focused on finding innovative ways to make listening out loud, with friends and loved ones, the truly transformative experience it should be. We’ve seen our vision capture the imaginations of music lovers in more than 60 countries, as we’ve continued to introduce products, software, and technologies that help people share the songs they love, discover new music they never knew existed, and experience richer, more musical lives.
At Sonos, we are building a team with extraordinary talent to help us fill every home with music. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.