(Contractor) Retail Experience Manager ANZ
Department: Retail, Sales and Commercial
- The channel marketing engagement we have with those organisations through direct engagement (finding effective ways to market our brand and products to retailers’ customers, building category credentials and putting in place category management practices, securing support for key promotions) &
- Our Brand Experience at retail including category vision execution (last 3 feet), POS, Visual Merchandising (online & offline), Mystery Shopping, managing vendor relationships to maintain our presence at retail and offline experiential strategy and execution out of retail.
More than a candidate that checks every box, we’re looking for people who are excited to work, learn, and grow at Sonos—no matter their background or how they identify. If that’s you, we hope you’ll apply for this role.
You want to be part of a team.
You come with new ideas and a unique point of view. You look forward to collaborating with a diverse team of individuals. You assume everyone’s best intentions, welcome a healthy debate, and embrace differing opinions. You eagerly seek and give help. Transparency tops your list of values, and you proactively contribute to a culture of respect and inclusion.
You enjoy a challenge.
Inquisitive and focused, you see every challenge as an opportunity. You’re ambitious and comfortable making mistakes because you learn from them and bounce back quickly. You would rather create the future than wait for it. You prioritize long-term value over short-term objectives.
You love to listen.
You approach every interaction with curiosity and a desire to understand. You want to make a positive impact in the world. You’re passionate about culture and know the power that music, film, podcasts, games, and stories have to bring people together.
- Working in collaboration locally with brand marketing and sales account leads, create retail marketing strategies and execute plans built to support local business goals and based on deep insights into our target customer and global brand strategy. These plans will encompass the Sonos and partner goals/expectations (from launch to phase out or end of life), be differentiated by account and land relevant channel marketing execution across online, in-store brand ownership, category assortment, promotions, merchandising, interactive display, sales contest, etc, cutting across online (ie DTC) channels and more traditional retail channels (ie mass CE / department store / AVS)
- Understand our products, our value proposition and marketplace dynamics at work impacting the consumer path to purchase across all retail environments (including online retail, traditional consumer electronics retail, owned DTC channels working with the Global DTC team, lifestyle and the wider music streaming category) and using that understanding where relevant into the plans mentioned above
- Drive thought leadership across the organization on the physical and digital retail strategy & the retail experience – both owned and third party. Be comfortable with driving the right strategic tension in the short term to achieve our longer-term brand goals - including
- Develop VM/POS strategy as it evolves – working closely with region and global retail experience teams as needed. Using global guidelines and templates, evolve our VM/POS strategy to ensure fit for purpose/market
- Work with National Field and Training Lead to ensure local vendors deliver the most effective and efficient deployment and ongoing maintenance of the VM/POS solutions at retail on brand and in budget (OPEX $$)
- Manage and coordinate the last three feet of retail execution as it relates to new product launches, promotions, ongoing Sonos presence in store including delivery, installation, compliance and disposal of seasonal merchandise on POS stands (add something about the digital equivalent)
- Develop, implement and track clear ROI measurement criteria and processes for retail execution activities, including store productivity performance set up (then transferred on to account management)
- Long term retail presence & work alongside the brand manager to deliver Sonos experiential strategy in market (pop-up, experiential, store strategy)
- Working in partnership with the EEM/Global digital team and local brand manager to develop ANZ CRM strategy. Balancing global opportunities and local market requirements.
- Consult with the Brand Manager to ensure
- AVS/ IS digital communications including EDM’s
- Re-seller website brand compliance
- B2B advertising
- 8 -10 years of experience in marketing with a strong focus on branded retail, channel development, consumer shopping behaviour and relevant experience working with and managing 3rd party retail vendors in a relevant FMCG/ CE retail environment
- Highly motivated, a strong team player and self-starter
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment. The ideal candidate will be highly organised and able to quickly adapt to changing needs
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Outstanding interpersonal skills: approachable; ability to quickly establish rapport; communicate effectively with a diverse population including high-level managers and internal stakeholders
- Ability to establish strong working relationships with key work partners
- Displays a persistent, positive attitude to problem-solving and recognises that goals are achievable - even with obstacles
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong affinity with our brand, products and passion for music!
Sonos is a sound experience company. We pioneered multiroom wireless audio, made it sound amazing, and changed the way people listen, making it effortless for them to enjoy what they want, where they want, how they want.
Today we continue empowering listeners by developing new technologies, thoughtfully designing products, expanding our software platform, and crafting brilliant sound experiences while participating in a culture that values respect, transparency, collaboration, and ownership.
Together we’re working to positively impact the world and inspire everyone to listen better—because listening brings people together, builds understanding, drives change, and makes us happier.
Notice to European Job Applicants: Information you submit as a part of your job application will be used in accordance with Sonos EU Job Applicant Privacy Notice.
Notice to U.S. Job Applicants: Sonos is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Follow the links to review the EEO is the Law poster and its supplement. The pay transparency policy is available here. Sonos is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.