(Contractor) People Partner Europe
Department: Human Resources and Talent
You want to be part of a team.
You come with new ideas and a unique point of view. You look forward to collaborating with a diverse team of talent. You assume everyone’s best intentions, welcome a healthy debate, and embrace differing opinions. You eagerly seek and give help. Transparency tops your list of values, and you proactively contribute to a culture of respect and inclusion.
You enjoy a challenge.
Inquisitive and focused, you see every challenge as an opportunity. You’re ambitious and comfortable making mistakes because you learn from them and bounce back quickly. You would rather create the future than wait for it. You prioritize long-term value over short-term objectives.
You love to listen.
You approach every interaction with curiosity and a desire to understand. You want to make a positive impact in the world. You’re passionate about culture and know the power that music, film, podcasts, games, and stories have to bring people together.
- Leadership Development. We know managers matter, a lot. Managers account for 70% of variance in employee engagement (Gallup 2015), and manager satisfaction is a key driver for both engagement and team effectiveness at Sonos. In this role you will work with leaders and managers on the areas they need to succeed at within Sonos, including communication & collaboration, strategy & innovation, and how they work to develop their teams.
- Teambuilding. Our four behaviors, respect, collaboration, transparency, and ownership, are what underpin a high-performing team at Sonos. You will work with leadership to set the tone from the top, and will facilitate team-building sessions where we look at team dynamics and where they might get in the way of achieving business results.
- Org Health. In your role, you will coach the Europe LT to improve thinking, decision making and goal attainment to drive the organizational health of the business. This includes things like how the org is structured, and employee engagement and retention.
- Build strong relationships with leaders. Recognized and accepted by the Europe LT as possessing the knowledge and expertise for all People related matters to lead the development of People Strategy for the European business. As a proven senior Business Partner, you are able to independently resolve the most complex and long term strategic challenges with Senior Leaders.
- Be an expert in the business. You will need a strong commercial acumen and have a solid feel for brands in order to understand the Sonos business groups and to be recognized as a critical member of the Europe LT and the broader People Team. Your deep cross functional expertise and understanding of the business groups and working knowledge of the objectives, goals, strategies and execution tactics enable you to articulate these to broader audiences when discussing cross-functional impacts and opportunities.
- Collaborate globally. Contribute regional perspective and considerations to the global People Team programs and priorities, and ensure that these global initiatives land well in Europe. We will expect you to reach out for help and to help others.
- Look for creative solutions to problems. Demonstrate expertise in the use of specific data and insights to influence, guide and motivate the decisions of Business Leaders through the anticipation and avoidance of future problems and reduction of risks associated with all People considerations.
- Communicate effectively. The means and methods in which you manage communications ensure that all involved are able to make the correct decisions based upon the most current information, that the correct work is being prioritized and that the People Team is able to better support the organization and individuals. By consistently maintaining an openness to input and feedback from all sources and levels you model the ability to incorporate the inputs into better outcomes for Sonos.
- Intuition. Your ability to read people and groups is critical; you understand situations and individuals, and bring that to work every day.
- Appetite for business. In this role, you will understand the strategy, objectives, financials, metrics, people and challenges. You will need to be a quick learner with high curiosity.
Sonos is a sound experience company. We pioneered multiroom wireless audio, made it sound amazing, and changed the way people listen, making it effortless for them to enjoy what they want, where they want, how they want.
Today we continue empowering listeners by developing new technologies, thoughtfully designing products, expanding our software platform, and crafting brilliant sound experiences while participating in a culture that values respect, transparency, collaboration, and ownership.
Together we’re working to positively impact the world and inspire everyone to listen better—because listening brings people together, builds understanding, drives change, and makes us happier.
Notice to European Job Applicants: Information you submit as a part of your job application will be used in accordance with Sonos EU Job Applicant Privacy Notice.
Notice to U.S. Job Applicants: Sonos is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Follow the links to review the EEO is the Law poster and its supplement. The pay transparency policy is available here. Sonos is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.