(Contractor) PR Manager CE, Munich
Department: Retail, Sales and Commercial
More than a candidate that checks every box, we’re looking for people who are excited to work, learn, and grow at Sonos—no matter their background or how they identify. If that’s you, we hope you’ll apply for this role.
You want to be part of a team.
You come with new ideas and a unique point of view. You look forward to collaborating with a diverse team of individuals. You assume everyone’s best intentions, welcome a healthy debate, and embrace differing opinions. You eagerly seek and give help. Transparency tops your list of values, and you proactively contribute to a culture of respect and inclusion.
You enjoy a challenge.
Inquisitive and focused, you see every challenge as an opportunity. You’re ambitious and comfortable making mistakes because you learn from them and bounce back quickly. You would rather create the future than wait for it. You prioritize long-term value over short-term objectives.
You love to listen.
You approach every interaction with curiosity and a desire to understand. You want to make a positive impact in the world. You’re passionate about culture and know the power that music, film, podcasts, games, and stories have to bring people together.
Create and support programs & events that single out Sonos as a brand that matters in sound and music and ensure a strong earned media performance; excite audio and design enthusiasts music lovers and cultural influencers, reinforcing Sonos’ place as the most sought after brand in home audio:
- Manage the CE public relations and the PR agency teams in alignment with global strategy
- Own localization of global PR initiatives (translations, proofing and cultural adaptation of press releases a.o.). Maintain the company’s global voice while ensuring relevance in the market
- Personally oversee a selected top-tier of media relationships. Initiate and manage media events, press briefings and interviews for product launches
- Support the international PR team in rolling out global programs and initiatives to the market
- Inspire and excite business media about Sonos long-term company and brand vision
- Work with functional stakeholders (Campaign, Retail, Sales and Channel Marketing) to ensure, PR supports local objectives and acts as an internal image consultant
- Ensure regular reporting into the global & local organisation and own the local internal communications
- Maintain a calendar of events/activities, overseeing the PR agencies to facilitate brand and product showcases, serve as media liaison for logistics and communicating Sonos special events
- Act as trusted adviser and consultant for the global and local teams in all regards or product, brand, corporate, and crisis communication.
- Minimum 5 years experience as a PR agency or in-house executive, preferably with consumer technology as well as brand PR
- A proven track record in executing public relations, media relations and communications programs in the German speaking markets
- A strong personality and clear opinion to represent local market needs while pursuing the brand’s global strategic approaches
- Strategic and creative skill set to build impactful and original PR programs
- Excellent network of tech & lifestyle media contacts & good copy-writing and editing skills
- Fluent in German and English
- You are self-motivated, relishes work well in a fast-changing environment and have the leadership skills to guide agency teams in each market, partners and stakeholders
- High-energy with a passion for music and the Sonos brand
- Capable of working in a fast-paced matrix style organisation with regular interaction with international sales and marketing teams, primarily the global /regional marketing and retail experience teams
- Proactive: You act without being told what to do and bring new and fresh ideas to Sonos
- Be comfortable working in a fast-paced matrix style organisation, international environment and within a fantastic, fun team
- Great team spirit
Sonos is a sound experience company. We pioneered multiroom wireless audio, made it sound amazing, and changed the way people listen, making it effortless for them to enjoy what they want, where they want, how they want.
Today we continue empowering listeners by developing new technologies, thoughtfully designing products, expanding our software platform, and crafting brilliant sound experiences while participating in a culture that values respect, transparency, collaboration, and ownership.
Together we’re working to positively impact the world and inspire everyone to listen better—because listening brings people together, builds understanding, drives change, and makes us happier.
Notice to European Job Applicants: Information you submit as a part of your job application will be used in accordance with Sonos EU Job Applicant Privacy Notice.
Notice to U.S. Job Applicants: Sonos is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Follow the links to review the EEO is the Law poster and its supplement. The pay transparency policy is available here. Sonos is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.