Content Manager Customer Care
Boston, Santa Barbara
The Customer Care Operations objective is to accelerate to seamless 24/7 Care Experiences by investing in Digital Care channels (Social, Community and Content).
Sonos is looking for a Content Manager to join the Digital Care team to help drive Sonos Customer Care’s transition to being a truly digital-oriented organisation, with online, social and communities at its heart.
You will be responsible for maximizing the experience and minimizing the effort for both customers and Care agents by leading the team that manages our multilingual knowledge base, support website and internal knowledge base. As a customer advocate, you will be a champion for meaningful, authentic and real-time communication, and will be mindful of how our communications impact the customer experience. This will require partnering and collaborating deeply with all teams within Customer Care, as well as with Marketing, Brand, Public Relations and Product Marketing.
Our band is large. And while there’s plenty of room for all kinds of personalities and skill sets to succeed, there are certain qualities that will help you thrive here.
Like a never-accept-less work ethic. An exceptionally low ego-to-talent ratio (none of the first, tons of the latter). A relentless craving to push past your limits and try new things. The smarts and the humble confidence to take on big challenges, make mistakes fast and early, embrace tough feedback, then recover quickly with fresh, startlingly perfect solutions. A fearless willingness to defend great work. And a tendency to totally geek out on music.
If this sounds like you, read on and let’s connect soon.
• Develop, write, edit and test content for online and mobile.
• Manage and mentor a growing team of global Content Producers.
• Establish and maintain a multi-year roadmap for developing and optimizing the online self-care experience of both customers and Care agents.
• Oversee the optimization of multi-lingual knowledge base content based on data analysis, feedback from internal Care teams and user research.
• Develop content style and tone guides and partner with all Care teams to bring consistency to the style and voice of Customer Care across all touchpoints.
• Represent Customer Care cross-functionally in developing multi-channel customer communications.
• Further develop next-generation Digital Care experiences using e.g. video and in-app Care capabilities.
• 5+ years of experience working directly with online content, particularly knowledge bases, documentation and support websites.
• Native English speaker with exceptional writing and editing skills.
• Experience managing and leading a team of writers.
• Experience and affinity with online data analysis, particularly knowledge base reporting, Google Analytics and SEO.
• Extremely well organized and willing to contribute to creating process where none exists.
• Experience coordinating with UX specialists, designers and developers to optimize websites.
• Successful track record of contributing to or developing a content style guide.
• Experience with content localization and web content management systems.
• Strong affinity for translating complex content into everyday language.
Apply now and if there is a strong match, you'll be invited for a first phone interview.
In 2002, we set out to reinvent home audio for the digital age. Our mission–to fill every home with amazing sounding music. Yes, it was an ambitious goal. Challenging, too. And that hasn’t changed.
Since those early days, we’ve remained tirelessly focused on finding innovative ways to make listening out loud, with friends and loved ones, the truly transformative experience it should be. We’ve seen our vision capture the imaginations of music lovers in more than 60 countries, as we’ve continued to introduce products, software, and technologies that help people share the songs they love, discover new music they never knew existed, and experience richer, more musical lives.
At Sonos, we are building a team with extraordinary talent to help us fill every home with music. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.