China General Manager
Retail, Sales and Commercial
Sonos exists because we believe music throughout your home makes everything better. Our mission is to fill every home with music, and we do it through a unique marriage of product and brand. We make it easy for everybody to listen to the music they love in every room of their home. To hear the songs they love, to discover new music they never knew existed, and to appreciate it all with the highest sound quality. We’re constantly looking for ways to improve the experience – with new products, new software and continually investing in ways to provide our customers the best experience possible. We’re changing the way people listen to music, one home at a time. Sonos is filling millions of homes with music today, thanks to the hard work of our more than 1,300 people across nine countries.
The next phase of growth
Three trends have put Sonos in a unique position to fill every home with music:
1) Explosive growth of Streaming: We expect over 1 billion people to be paying for streaming by 2020. And Sonos leads the way by supporting more streaming services than any other company.
2) Advent of Smart Speakers: we invented the smart speaker category, and now companies like Amazon & Google have joined us, and brought their own unique value with voice control and the ability to do additional things. Consumers are more comfortable than ever with putting an internet-connected speaker in their home.
3) Rise of the Connected Home: virtually every home in the countries we want to be is now connected with WiFi, and Consumers are seeking out devices that are connected and can make their lives easier. Sonos plays right into that trend.
You're not like everyone else.
You bring a unique perspective to the table. Transparency tops your list of values. Your smarts and creativity are off the charts, matched only by your humility. You want to collaborate with a team of diverse talent. You proactively contribute to a culture of respect and inclusion.
You enjoy a challenge.
Inquisitive and focused, you see every challenge as an opportunity. You're ambitious and unafraid to make mistakes because you learn from them and bounce back quickly. You don't stop until you get it right. "Impossible" isn't in your vocabulary. You're more interested in creating the future than waiting for it.
You love to listen.
You start every interaction from a place of listening and seeking to understand. You're culturally connected. You remember your first concert. You can readily recommend a binge-worthy show on Netflix, Hulu or HBO. You can't sit in traffic without a great audiobook, podcast or album. You can make a killer playlist. Your idea of a good weekend includes watching a movie or playing a video game.
Our next phase of growth requires a change agent who will drive a transition in our go-to-market approach. This leader will lead the region’s transition from its focus and strength in the physical retail world dominated by wholesale retail partners, to a digitally-focused world of education, experience and commerce, with a focus on how we build relationships and drive commerce through our direct channels. All of this must be done while keeping the brand strategy at the forefront – every location we’re in has to be purposeful and fit that brand strategy.
This is not a traditional sales role. While this leader will oversee all commercial & Marketing activities in China at Sonos, in this role we are looking for proven success building a consumer brand with a world-class customer experience and a deep understanding of how that manifests itself though an entire global organization. The right leader will ensure that all channels are tightly aligned to our brand strategy.
- Expand the foundation for future growth with profitability.
Solidify and expand our sales through the independent trade and system integrators
Expand and solidify our position with Mass retail
Aggressively expand our on-line position through our own platform as well as other online retailers
Develop alternative distribution channels
- Ensure that the company gains a reputation as a top quality, premium brand product with leading edge technology and particularly, customer focus through its outstanding services and support
- Build, motivate and grow the team. Create a company culture that is open, fair, fun and encouraging innovations that attracts top talents in the market to guarantee its long-term success.
- Form long term, trusting and mutually beneficial partnerships with local content services providers, distributors, resellers, government officials, agencies, device manufacturers, and any other elements of the ecosystem. Earn customers’ trust by providing top quality products coupled with world-class services
- Cross function experience is preferred. Sales is a must; Marketing, Finance background is needed
- Grown up with start-up business experience is preferred
- Nice in relationship, tough in business result driven
- Agile on strategy and hands-on in daily work
In 2002, Sonos set out to reinvent the way people listen at home. The wireless home sound system we created makes it easier than ever to fill any and every room with music, podcasts, TV, and just about anything else you could ever want to hear-all with brilliant, immersive clarity. Since then millions of people in over 60 countries have made Sonos part of their lives.
Today we remain focused on innovation, thoughtfully designing products, inventing new technologies, expanding our software platform, crafting the best sound experience and making a positive social impact in the world.
We're empowering people to listen better because listening builds understanding and drives change. It even increases happiness and brings people together. Simply put, listening leads to a better life. (We've got the data to prove it.)
Notice to European Job Applicants: Information you submit as a part of your job application will be used in accordance with Sonos EU Job Applicant Privacy Notice.
Notice to U.S. Job Applicants: Sonos is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Follow the links to review the EEO is the Law poster and its supplement. The pay transparency policy is available here. Sonos is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.