China EE and SW Manager
Our band is large. And while there’s plenty of room for all kinds of personalities and skill sets to succeed, there are certain qualities that will help you thrive here.
Like a never-accept-less work ethic. An exceptionally low ego-to-talent ratio (none of the first, tons of the latter). A relentless craving to push past your limits and try new things. The smarts and the humble confidence to take on big challenges, make mistakes fast and early, embrace tough feedback, then recover quickly with fresh, startlingly perfect solutions. A fearless willingness to defend great work. And a tendency to totally geek out on music.
If this sounds like you, read on and let’s connect soon.
· Minimum BSEE, preferably MSEE
· 10+ years’ experience in electrical engineering in product development of consumer electronics, preferably experience in the development of digital electronics (CPU, memory, codec, network etc)
· 5+ years’ experience in managing projects and/or directing the work of a small engineering team.
· Previous experience developing top engineering talent
· Solid understanding of the system development process including concept development, schematics and board development, as well as board and system bring up and debugging.
· Ability in recognizing the level of urgency of problems and knows how to prioritize projects.
· Technically inquisitive – must be able to take on new technical challenges and learn new technical skills on-the-fly and apply the knowledge to solve the issue at hand.
· Ability to propose, set up, and execute validation testing plans with minimal guidance.
· Well-developed reporting skills, including the ability to summarize complicated issues.
· Experience with a wide variety of test equipment including: oscilloscopes, VOMs, current probes, thermocouples.
· Experience with data collection and statistical analysis methods.
· Experience using RF and/or EMC test equipment (network analyzers, spectrum analyzers, Agilent or IQFlex WiFi analyzers).
· Experience using audio test equipment (AP, Klippel, Clio, SoundCheck, etc.).
· Knowledge of compliance and regulatory requirements and testing procedures.
· Knowledge in safety requirements.
· Experience with switching power supply design.
· Experience in the Audio or Music Instrument industry; other industries involved in high-vibration environments may be applicable.
· Experience working with Asian contract manufacturers.
· Experience and good understanding in embedded Linux
In 2002, we set out to reinvent home audio for the digital age. Our mission–to fill every home with amazing sounding music. Yes, it was an ambitious goal. Challenging, too. And that hasn’t changed.
Since those early days, we’ve remained tirelessly focused on finding innovative ways to make listening out loud, with friends and loved ones, the truly transformative experience it should be. We’ve seen our vision capture the imaginations of music lovers in more than 60 countries, as we’ve continued to introduce products, software, and technologies that help people share the songs they love, discover new music they never knew existed, and experience richer, more musical lives.
At Sonos, we are building a team with extraordinary talent to help us fill every home with music. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.