Analog Technical Design Leader
Boston, Santa Barbara
Music lovers are the heart and soul of Sonos. We’re a company created by music lovers, for music lovers. And everything we do - from the products we design to the way we run our business - expresses that passion.
It’s an incredibly exciting time to be at Sonos. Sonos is aggressively launching new award-winning products to make all the music on earth available all over the house. It takes the best and the brightest to create a revolutionary product like the Sonos Wireless HiFi System. We have experts from every discipline. As our business expands worldwide, we’re always looking to add more talent to our team - which is where you come in.
We are looking for an individual who wants to lead a consumer electronics audio design team, contributing both expertise and guidance. A thorough understanding of analog power design is essential, although you’ll also be engaged in electronic design for amplifiers, mixed signal and digital circuitry. In this high-impact position, you will have broad engagement across the entire product development organization to deliver leading edge home audio products. We have a dynamic work space, a can-do attitude, and a passion for delivering the absolute best products in their class.
Our band is large. And while there’s plenty of room for all kinds of personalities and skill sets to succeed, there are certain qualities that will help you thrive here.
Like a never-accept-less work ethic. An exceptionally low ego-to-talent ratio (none of the first, tons of the latter). A relentless craving to push past your limits and try new things. The smarts and the humble confidence to take on big challenges, make mistakes fast and early, embrace tough feedback, then recover quickly with fresh, startlingly perfect solutions. A fearless willingness to defend great work. And a tendency to totally geek out on music.
If this sounds like you, read on and let’s connect soon.
- Advanced electronics degree with 10+ years of related industry experience.
- BS degree in Electrical Engineering with over 13 years direct experience also considered
- Hands-on experience with complete ownership of analog electronics design in a high volume product
- Thorough understanding of efficient power designs including detailed analysis and magnetics specification.
- Amplifiers for transducer or dynamic motor drive design experience is highly desired.
- Knowledge of safety and compliance standards for consumer electronic devices
- Proven Leadership skills including schedule management and mentoring/motivating team members
- History of having worked across disciplines with mechanical engineering and other EE groups.
- Track record of thorough documentation, meeting and exceeding previously existing standards.
Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Energetic and thorough
- Ability to use simulation/analysis tools and best engineering judgment to close issues
- Strong sense of ownership, able to execute on designs as well as explain design decisions to others
- Excellent time management
- Proven team leadership – or ready to develop it!
Apply now and if there is a strong match, you'll be invited for a first phone interview with one of our recruiters.
In 2002, we set out to reinvent home audio for the digital age. Our mission–to fill every home with amazing sounding music. Yes, it was an ambitious goal. Challenging, too. And that hasn’t changed.
Since those early days, we’ve remained tirelessly focused on finding innovative ways to make listening out loud, with friends and loved ones, the truly transformative experience it should be. We’ve seen our vision capture the imaginations of music lovers in more than 60 countries, as we’ve continued to introduce products, software, and technologies that help people share the songs they love, discover new music they never knew existed, and experience richer, more musical lives.
At Sonos, we are building a team with extraordinary talent to help us fill every home with music. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.