Chief Information Officer
Department: Platforms and Infrastructure
Location: Boston, Santa Barbara, Seattle
More than a candidate that checks every box, we’re looking for people who are excited to work, learn, and grow at Sonos—no matter their background or how they identify. If that’s you, we hope you’ll apply for this role.
You want to be part of a team.
You come with new ideas and a unique point of view. You look forward to collaborating with a diverse team of individuals. You assume everyone’s best intentions, welcome a healthy debate, and embrace differing opinions. You eagerly seek and give help. Transparency tops your list of values, and you proactively contribute to a culture of respect and inclusion.
You enjoy a challenge.
Inquisitive and focused, you see every challenge as an opportunity. You’re ambitious and comfortable making mistakes because you learn from them and bounce back quickly. You would rather create the future than wait for it. You prioritize long-term value over short-term objectives.
You love to listen.
You approach every interaction with curiosity and a desire to understand. You want to make a positive impact in the world. You’re passionate about culture and know the power that music, film, podcasts, games, and stories have to bring people together.
- You will define and execute the IT strategy for Sonos, including where we need to make investments in order to drive a forward thinking integrated strategy with a focused roadmap
- You will ensure that we have the right organizational structure, benchmarking the size of the organization, and allocating resources efficiently
- You will ensure effective integrations of systems and tools (including our new SAP implementation, HRIS system and recurring revenue billing system)
- You should have the ability to work with a large team of software developers and help think through the systems & tools to make them more effective as well as the team that supports our Direct-to-Consumer business on building a best-in-class digital marketing and e-commerce platform
- You will perform analysis, rationalize and consolidate systems and tools to ensure they are optimized and effectively support all needs in each function of the business
- You will monitor technology changes and ensure that information technology infrastructure provides the most accurate and current information to the company to assist with decision making, resource deployment and establishment of business priorities
- You will oversee IT security at Sonos
- You will build and foster disparate teams into a high-performing team and develop the function into a trusted partner to the business
- You will build sustainable, long-term relationships with functional leaders across Sonos
- You will develop and manage the annual operating and capital budgets for IT and improve overall IT cost structure while increasing levels of service
- You will support a broad range of functions including software development, finance and supply chain / operations
- Minimum of 15 years’ progressive IT leadership experience in global organizations
- Demonstrated experience consolidating and organizing disparate IT systems into a cohesive systems strategy
- Extensive Tier 1 ERP implementation, integration and optimization experience
- Experience in hardware + software environment is highly desired, but other backgrounds will be considered
- Demonstrated understanding of technology as well as execution of IT strategies at scale
- Proven track record of taking siloed teams and organizing them to deliver end to end optimized horizontal business processes
- Demonstrated success partnering with leaders of enterprise-wide business process transformation and innovation
- Understanding of Enterprise and Infrastructure Applications including ERP, Supply Chain, CRM, HRIS, Financial, Engineering, Analytics and Productivity tools
- Previous experience leading systems integration for a global company
- Understanding of risk and governance and ability to guide the organization appropriately in these disciplines
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering or other technical discipline
Sonos is a sound experience company. We pioneered multiroom wireless audio, made it sound amazing, and changed the way people listen, making it effortless for them to enjoy what they want, where they want, how they want.
Today we continue empowering listeners by developing new technologies, thoughtfully designing products, expanding our software platform, and crafting brilliant sound experiences while participating in a culture that values respect, transparency, collaboration, and ownership.
Together we’re working to positively impact the world and inspire everyone to listen better—because listening brings people together, builds understanding, drives change, and makes us happier.
Notice to European Job Applicants: Information you submit as a part of your job application will be used in accordance with Sonos EU Job Applicant Privacy Notice.
Notice to U.S. Job Applicants: Sonos is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Follow the links to review the EEO is the Law poster and its supplement. The pay transparency policy is available here. Sonos is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.