Channel Marketing Manager, Canada
More than a candidate that checks every box, we’re looking for people who are excited to work, learn, and grow at Sonos—no matter their background or how they identify. If that’s you, we hope you’ll apply for this role.
You want to be part of a team.
You come with new ideas and a unique point of view. You look forward to collaborating with a diverse team of individuals. You assume everyone’s best intentions, welcome a healthy debate, and embrace differing opinions. You eagerly seek and give help. Transparency tops your list of values, and you proactively contribute to a culture of respect and inclusion.
You enjoy a challenge.
Inquisitive and focused, you see every challenge as an opportunity. You’re ambitious and comfortable making mistakes because you learn from them and bounce back quickly. You would rather create the future than wait for it. You prioritize long-term value over short-term objectives.
You love to listen.
You approach every interaction with curiosity and a desire to understand. You want to make a positive impact in the world. You’re passionate about culture and know the power that music, film, podcasts, games, and stories have to bring people together.
- You are the Canadian retail champion – with an innate understanding of channel marketing across online/physical tactics coupled with a deep understanding of retail merchandising that will benefit our consumer.
- The Channel Marketing Manager, will lead the development of strategic marketing plans with National Account Managers and territory Account Managers to develop and drive programs, strategically aimed at accelerating growth within the channel.
- You will ensure all of our activities in the commercial realm are on brand and uphold our brand strategy. Every time. Your work directly impacts brand perception and commercial outcomes in the Canadian market.
- This role will support the development and execution of channel wide marketing initiatives such as global campaigns, product launches, promotions and always on product storytelling. This work involves partnering with the global marketing organization and wider regional team to recommend, develop, and execute a 360 customer journey that drives the most impact in market against key moments in the Sonos Marketing Calendar.
- In addition, The Channel Marketing Manager, Canada will review the performance of the product portfolio in market and recommend marketing tactics to fulfil the needs identified in season.
- As an expert in this space, you will recommend merchandising experiences, execution plans, and budgets for the channel. In addition to supporting project execution and display maintenance between multiple stakeholders, you will collaborate with the commercial team to surface and integrate insights into plans and recap activity in channel.
- This role will partner with the US retail marketing team to deliver CA retail dealer/partner communication through our email deployment system.
- Supporting the wider Canadian market, you will be a key liaison with global teams and translation team to drive localization requirements across all marketing vehicles i.e., training materials, dealer/consumer communication, paid and retail assets. In addition, to working closely with the Marketing Lead, Canada to deliver local brand activations in market.
- The Channel Marketing Manager, Canada will be responsible for the day to day management of channel opex including, month end review, invoice payment, PO management and budgeting future fiscal years.
- You will work to proactively solve day-to-day problems and exercise good judgment, including determining when to escalate issues and when to make decisions.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing or related experience.
- 8+ years of sales and marketing experience. At least 5+ years of marketing experience is preferred.
- Ability to work with teams and stakeholders to find simple and elegant customer-centered solutions, supporting great experiences and business growth.
- Ability to interpret and implement a brand and company strategy in channel (retail) spaces.
- Passion for understanding and addressing consumer needs.
- Self-starter, go-getter who will work with teams hands-on to tackle complex problems.
- At home in a go-to-market led environment, fast-paced, high growth, product-driven environment. Experience working in a consumer-facing technology company a plus.
- Collaborative; able to build trusting relationships and deliver projects on time and within budget.
- Organization and process management skills, including attention to detail. Ability to deliver complex programs with unique details and nuances to multiple stakeholders.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. Ability to get an idea through clearly and succinctly. Ability to unite stakeholders with different opinions.
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to turn insight into action.
- Passion for music and genuine desire to build something amazing at Sonos.
- Experience with CRM systems is ideal.
- Verification of your employment eligibility in Canada is required.
Sonos is a sound experience company. We pioneered multiroom wireless audio, made it sound amazing, and changed the way people listen, making it effortless for them to enjoy what they want, where they want, how they want.
Today we continue empowering listeners by developing new technologies, thoughtfully designing products, expanding our software platform, and crafting brilliant sound experiences while participating in a culture that values respect, transparency, collaboration, and ownership.
Together we’re working to positively impact the world and inspire everyone to listen better—because listening brings people together, builds understanding, drives change, and makes us happier.
Notice to European Job Applicants: Information you submit as a part of your job application will be used in accordance with Sonos EU Job Applicant Privacy Notice.
Notice to U.S. Job Applicants: Sonos is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Follow the links to review the EEO is the Law poster and its supplement. The pay transparency policy is available here. Sonos is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.