Band Mate - Part-Time Store Associate NYC
Retail, Sales and Commercial
If you are interested in joining the Sonos store in New York City in the future, read on! We are looking to build up a group of talented, musical store associates we can rely on during peak periods and holidays. We are especially looking for people who can be available 2 days in the weekend.
At Sonos, we believe in the experience and our standard is ultimate. That’s the vision that drives every product we design. Every choice we make. Everything we do. Including the intent, design and purpose of our first-ever Sonos retail store.
As a Band Mate for Sonos’ flagship retail shop in Soho, NY, you’ll be a critical member of store team. Your mission: to support each guest’s personal journey to Sonos believership - converting every encounter into an ongoing relationship that continues to grow each time they engage with Sonos. Much like our products, we want every guest relationship to keep getting better over time, and you’ll directly influence those relationships through the in-store experience.
Nothing brings the power of Sonos to life like a mind-blowing, hands-on demo. It’s by far the most inspiring way to showcase our amazingly integrated listening experience and help guests quickly grasp what Sonos can bring to their homes and their lives. This is what the store is designed to deliver.
Our band is large. And while there’s plenty of room for all kinds of personalities and skill sets to succeed, there are certain qualities that will help you thrive here.
Like a never-accept-less work ethic. An exceptionally low ego-to-talent ratio (none of the first, tons of the latter). A relentless craving to push past your limits and try new things. The smarts and the humble confidence to take on big challenges, make mistakes fast and early, embrace tough feedback, then recover quickly with fresh, startlingly perfect solutions. A fearless willingness to defend great work. And a tendency to totally geek out on music.
If this sounds like you, read on and let’s connect soon.
As an integral component to our unique shop, you will be responsible for providing an exceptional learning/listening experience for our guests. You possess an owner/operator mentality for all interactions with peers and customers alike.. The Band Mates inspire, mentor and enable the collective team in creating exceptional experiences inside and outside of the shop. You possess creativity, entrepreneurship and foster authentic connections throughout our shop and community that both embody and reflect the Sonos brand.
You possess a strong desire to go above and beyond to ensure that we are sharing of all aspects of how SONOS performs and can change the way that people listen to music. Sonos is a game changer and we expect our shop experience to provide the same for everyone that we impact throughout the day.
- Band Mates support experiences and meaningful relationships, both internal and external, that grow over time. Enabling brand advocacy and a highly people centric culture are a must. Our commitment to our customer journey begins and ends with the customer in mind; meaning that each customer experience should be unique and exceed their expectations.
- Uphold the commitment to every customer experience, ensuring that we deliver on answering the questions: What is SONOS? What can SONOS do for me? and What product is best for my needs?, always ensuring that experience and listening take precedence above all else.
- Support and interact with our successful team through clear, effective communication and peer development that enables each individual band member to deliver their best.
- You are an integral member of our unique team. All areas of the business must deliver on an epic customer experience, grounded in our Company Values.
- You support the experience above all else and belong to a highly collaborative team. We succeed because of what we deliver together. Our team’s success relies on the strength of our partnerships, leveraging each other’s experiences, our open-mindedness and the quality of the environment that we create as a collective group.
- Assist in the selection and development of future band mates
- Capable of working in a fast paced and highly flexible environment. May require, at times, to work with multiple groups of customers.
To apply for this role means you put you name in the hat for future NYC Sonos store roles and indicate you are interested in joining the Sonos store team. We will get back to you within 3 weeks.
In 2002, we set out to reinvent home audio for the digital age. Our mission–to fill every home with amazing sounding music. Yes, it was an ambitious goal. Challenging, too. And that hasn’t changed.
Since those early days, we’ve remained tirelessly focused on finding innovative ways to make listening out loud, with friends and loved ones, the truly transformative experience it should be. We’ve seen our vision capture the imaginations of music lovers in more than 60 countries, as we’ve continued to introduce products, software, and technologies that help people share the songs they love, discover new music they never knew existed, and experience richer, more musical lives.
At Sonos, we are building a team with extraordinary talent to help us fill every home with music. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.