Australia Accounting Manager
More than a candidate that checks every box, we’re looking for people who are excited to work, learn, and grow at Sonos—no matter their background or how they identify. If that’s you, we hope you’ll apply for this role.
You want to be part of a team.
You come with new ideas and a unique point of view. You look forward to collaborating with a diverse team of individuals. You assume everyone’s best intentions, welcome a healthy debate, and embrace differing opinions. You eagerly seek and give help. Transparency tops your list of values, and you proactively contribute to a culture of respect and inclusion.
You enjoy a challenge.
Inquisitive and focused, you see every challenge as an opportunity. You’re ambitious and comfortable making mistakes because you learn from them and bounce back quickly. You would rather create the future than wait for it. You prioritize long-term value over short-term objectives.
You love to listen.
You approach every interaction with curiosity and a desire to understand. You want to make a positive impact in the world. You’re passionate about culture and know the power that music, film, podcasts, games, and stories have to bring people together.
- Drive the monthly close activities for ANZ under US GAAP and local GAAP
- Own close task management and balance sheet reconciliations and documentation
- Be a US and local GAAP technical accounting resource by providing guidance, performing research and preparing accounting memos.
- Maintain systems and controls which verify the integrity of systems, processes, and financial data.
- Roll-out implementation of globally developed SOX controls and program for ANZ
- Collaborate with local ANZ & APAC teams on processes and accuracy of Great Plains/ SAP, Cube and Reporting tools used
- Coordinate audit/tax efforts with external vendors for ANZ
- Support HR and Global equity team with payroll processes and local compliance needs
- Support ERP implementation team with localization and training for an SAP implementation
- Continuously drive for improvement in quality & efficiency in our accounting processes
- Work closely with the Director Global Accounting Operations on the
- implementation of strategic plans, projects, programs and systems
- At least 5-8 years accounting / finance experience is essential
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance, with a CPA
- Prior public accounting experience, preferably Big 4 audit
- Previous industry experience in international/ (US) public company is a plus
- Broad and global mindset. An ability to work effectively in an environment that is culturally diverse
- Experience in ERP system (SAP / Great Plains) preferred
- Knowledge of ANZ taxes, employment and financial reporting
- Highly organized, detail oriented, analytical and strong accounting skills
- Sound organisational skills, including the ability to work independently and to meet deadlines
- Excellent project management and process improvement skillset
- Good communication skills
- High integrity, self-aware, humble, low ego
Sonos is a sound experience company. We pioneered multiroom wireless audio, made it sound amazing, and changed the way people listen, making it effortless for them to enjoy what they want, where they want, how they want.
Today we continue empowering listeners by developing new technologies, thoughtfully designing products, expanding our software platform, and crafting brilliant sound experiences while participating in a culture that values respect, transparency, collaboration, and ownership.
Together we’re working to positively impact the world and inspire everyone to listen better—because listening brings people together, builds understanding, drives change, and makes us happier.
Notice to European Job Applicants: Information you submit as a part of your job application will be used in accordance with Sonos EU Job Applicant Privacy Notice.
Notice to U.S. Job Applicants: Sonos is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Follow the links to review the EEO is the Law poster and its supplement. The pay transparency policy is available here. Sonos is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.