Our band is large. And while there’s plenty of room for all kinds of personalities and skill sets to succeed, there are certain qualities that will help you thrive here.
Like a never-accept-less work ethic. An exceptionally low ego-to-talent ratio (none of the first, tons of the latter). A relentless craving to push past your limits and try new things. The smarts and the humble confidence to take on big challenges, make mistakes fast and early, embrace tough feedback, then recover quickly with fresh, startlingly perfect solutions. A fearless willingness to defend great work. And a tendency to totally geek out on music.
If this sounds like you, read on and let’s connect soon.
In this role you will
- Manage day to day work of a group of highly talented audio DSP Engineers
- Shape working habits, policies and processes so that we deliver exceptional sound quality in a consistent and predictable manner.
- Guide complex interdisciplinary problem solving and optimization
- Drive innovation and push the boundaries of what audio signal processing can achieve.
- Apply solid engineering principles; make decision based on objective data whenever possible. Use subjective listening if required.
- Interface with a software organization using Agile methods.
- Own the audio backlog and align with product management around priorities.
- Consult to and be consulted by transducer, acoustics, amplifier, embedded software, RF and electronics engineers.
- Build a coherent hardware, software & tool strategy that supports the DSP needs for our 30-month product roadmap.
- Be a passionate advocate for everything that makes our products sounds better.
- Participate in performance management process.
The ideal candidate will have
- M. Sc. or Ph.D. in digital signal processing, electrical engineering or a different engineering discipline
- 5+ years of direct audio digital signal processing experience.
- 3+ years of management experience
- Deep scientific & mathematical understanding of the foundations of DSP. Excellent critical thinking skills
- Developed non-trivial audio algorithms such as arrays, surround decoders, non-linear limiters/clipper, dynamics enhancers etc.
- Proven track record of delivering outstanding sound quality.
- Proven track record of working effectively in complex interdisciplinary environments.
- Familiar with Agile and Scrum. Certified Scrum master preferred.
- Experience in high volume consumer electronics development.
- Personal passion for sound quality and music. Active musicians preferred.
- Good critical listening skills.
- Proficient with MATLAB
- Proficient with C++
- Hands on experience with coding on embedded platforms
Apply now and if there is a strong match, we'll reach out!
In 2002, we set out to reinvent home audio for the digital age. Our mission–to fill every home with amazing sounding music. Yes, it was an ambitious goal. Challenging, too. And that hasn’t changed.
Since those early days, we’ve remained tirelessly focused on finding innovative ways to make listening out loud, with friends and loved ones, the truly transformative experience it should be. We’ve seen our vision capture the imaginations of music lovers in more than 60 countries, as we’ve continued to introduce products, software, and technologies that help people share the songs they love, discover new music they never knew existed, and experience richer, more musical lives.
At Sonos, we are building a team with extraordinary talent to help us fill every home with music. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.