Area Manager Benelux (Belgium)
Department: Retail, Sales and Commercial
More than a candidate that checks every box, we’re looking for people who are excited to work, learn, and grow at Sonos—no matter their background or how they identify. If that’s you, we hope you’ll apply for this role.
You want to be part of a team.
You come with new ideas and a unique point of view. You look forward to collaborating with a diverse team of talent. You assume everyone’s best intentions, welcome a healthy debate, and embrace differing opinions. You eagerly seek and give help. Transparency tops your list of values, and you proactively contribute to a culture of respect and inclusion.
You enjoy a challenge.
Inquisitive and focused, you see every challenge as an opportunity. You’re ambitious and comfortable making mistakes because you learn from them and bounce back quickly. You would rather create the future than wait for it. You prioritize long-term value over short-term objectives.
You love to listen.
You approach every interaction with curiosity and a desire to understand. You want to make a positive impact in the world. You’re passionate about culture and know the power that music, film, podcasts, games, and stories have to bring people together.
- You build and maintain existing retail partner relationships by frequently visiting Sonos retail storefronts (focus on department managers)
- Responsible for the overall instore experience, from windows to instore location, from brand presence to maintaining our Point of Sales (defined Service Level Agreement) and increase brand advocacy with store staff.
- Give training on Sonos, its products, consumer benefits, technology, software, music & voice services.
- Provide demos during key retail partner events and amplify the Sonos program.
- Responsible for communication of plans, tasks, status and reports internally.
- Being part of a team of 7 Benelux Area Manager, you also play your part in internal and external projects that require commercial ownership.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience with a premium retail brand.
- Team player with ownership who also works well independently and with regular guidance from Manager.
- Behaves according to the tone of team and stay true to Sonos values (experience comes first, be relentlessly progressive, and remember the Golden Rule) and our behaviors (respect, trust, collaboration and ownership)
- Presentation, training and storytelling abilities.
- Emerging negotiation skills. Knows when to escalate to management.
- Approaches conflict and or change in a positive and solution-oriented manner.
- Aligns work with company strategy and local commercial direction.
- Emerging understanding of the market and customer needs and user behaviors.
- Passionate, inspiring music lover.
- Fluent in speaking and writing in Dutch (Flemish) and French, solid understanding and ability to express well in business English.
Sonos is a sound experience company. We pioneered multiroom wireless audio, made it sound amazing, and changed the way people listen, making it effortless for them to enjoy what they want, where they want, how they want.
Today we continue empowering listeners by developing new technologies, thoughtfully designing products, expanding our software platform, and crafting brilliant sound experiences while participating in a culture that values respect, transparency, collaboration, and ownership.
Together we’re working to positively impact the world and inspire everyone to listen better—because listening brings people together, builds understanding, drives change, and makes us happier.
Notice to European Job Applicants: Information you submit as a part of your job application will be used in accordance with Sonos EU Job Applicant Privacy Notice.
Notice to U.S. Job Applicants: Sonos is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Follow the links to review the EEO is the Law poster and its supplement. The pay transparency policy is available here. Sonos is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.