Americas DTC Fulfillment Manager
Department: Business Operations
Location: Santa Barbara
More than a candidate that checks every box, we’re looking for people who are excited to work, learn, and grow at Sonos—no matter their background or how they identify. If that’s you, we hope you’ll apply for this role.
You want to be part of a team.
You come with new ideas and a unique point of view. You look forward to collaborating with a diverse team of individuals. You assume everyone’s best intentions, welcome a healthy debate, and embrace differing opinions. You eagerly seek and give help. Transparency tops your list of values, and you proactively contribute to a culture of respect and inclusion.
You enjoy a challenge.
Inquisitive and focused, you see every challenge as an opportunity. You’re ambitious and comfortable making mistakes because you learn from them and bounce back quickly. You would rather create the future than wait for it. You prioritize long-term value over short-term objectives.
You love to listen.
You approach every interaction with curiosity and a desire to understand. You want to make a positive impact in the world. You’re passionate about culture and know the power that music, film, podcasts, games, and stories have to bring people together.
- Ensure the order fulfillment process is running smoothly - orders are entered, approved, allocated inventory, scheduled, and fulfilled. See issues through to resolution and root-cause assessment.
- Oversee the execution of product returns - money back guarantees. Partner with the Returns team to ensure the process is constantly evolving in favor of efficiency and experience.
- Work closely with the Planning & Logistics teams to ensure the Fulfillment team is prepared to handle projected volumes and we’re hitting forecasted plan.
- Partner with Commercial to assess new business opportunities.
- Introduce new products to the B2C channel.
- Maintain the e-commerce store.
- Train the team and ensure skills, knowledge, and experience are aligned to responsibilities. Cultivate a deep bench to manage the seasonal spikes, PTO, etc.
- Set goals, define strategies, and drive tactics to scale and enhance DTC fulfillment services.
- Manage a dashboard of key performance indicators (KPIs) to demonstrate the state of the business as well as extract insights and take actions to drive process improvement.
- Communicate regular status of general performance, issues, risks, opportunities.
- Foster a young team, providing career direction and opportunity to grow. Coach and mentor.
- Act as a change agent with major changes for the team on initiatives such as ERP.
- Identify and lead process improvements with a focus on automation and standardization.
- Be a strong contributing member of the Global Fulfillment Leadership Team which spans all channels and regions within Sonos.
- Partner with external service providers, holding them accountable for performance.
- At least three years managing multiple staff directly. Proven leader who has developed others.
- Great coach and developer of others who is trustworthy, transparent, and serves as a respected leadership authority to others.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Deep understanding of the DTC space.
- Process improvement mindset. Track record of driving a team towards increases in productivity.
- Self-starter. Able to operate without frequent guidance.
- Strong problem solver with a sense of urgency.
- Customer-first attitude.
- Proactive style, rather than reactive.
- Excellent communication - you constructively put issues on the table; Gain recognition for team members; Signal needs early.
- An ability to influence across the organization. You communicate strategies and plans clearly and effectively, and show the impact to the business and operations.
- Strong interpersonal skills, comfortable working with external partners at all levels.
- Travel required (<10%).
- Location based in Santa Barbara.
- This position reports to the Director of Global Fulfillment.
Sonos is a sound experience company. We pioneered multiroom wireless audio, made it sound amazing, and changed the way people listen, making it effortless for them to enjoy what they want, where they want, how they want.
Today we continue empowering listeners by developing new technologies, thoughtfully designing products, expanding our software platform, and crafting brilliant sound experiences while participating in a culture that values respect, transparency, collaboration, and ownership.
Together we’re working to positively impact the world and inspire everyone to listen better—because listening brings people together, builds understanding, drives change, and makes us happier.
Notice to European Job Applicants: Information you submit as a part of your job application will be used in accordance with Sonos EU Job Applicant Privacy Notice.
Notice to U.S. Job Applicants: Sonos is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Follow the links to review the EEO is the Law poster and its supplement. The pay transparency policy is available here. Sonos is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.