Americas Accounts Receivable Manager
Location: Santa Barbara
More than a candidate that checks every box, we’re looking for people who are excited to work, learn, and grow at Sonos—no matter their background or how they identify. If that’s you, we hope you’ll apply for this role.
You want to be part of a team.
You come with new ideas and a unique point of view. You look forward to collaborating with a diverse team of individuals. You assume everyone’s best intentions, welcome a healthy debate, and embrace differing opinions. You eagerly seek and give help. Transparency tops your list of values, and you proactively contribute to a culture of respect and inclusion.
You enjoy a challenge.
Inquisitive and focused, you see every challenge as an opportunity. You’re ambitious and comfortable making mistakes because you learn from them and bounce back quickly. You would rather create the future than wait for it. You prioritize long-term value over short-term objectives.
You love to listen.
You approach every interaction with curiosity and a desire to understand. You want to make a positive impact in the world. You’re passionate about culture and know the power that music, film, podcasts, games, and stories have to bring people together.
- Lead the Americas AR team to ensure efficient, timely, and accurate daily AR operations, including credit evaluation, order hold management, customer invoicing and shipping reconciliation, deductions management (including Marketing Development Funds and promotions), returns, refunds, cash application, write-offs, and month-end close duties.
- Hire, lead, train, mentor, and develop a high performing AR team
- Investigate and resolve billing, payment, cash applications, reconciliation, and system-related issues through collaboration with cross functional teams (sales, sales operations, revenue, FP&A, IT, etc.)
- Ensure compliance with SOX controls and accounting policies by maintaining systems, processes, and data
- Manage audit requests from internal and external auditors and maintain a professional and collegial relationship with auditors
- Develop and drive key KPIs and other measures of success
- Provide AR-related commentary for internal management reporting and external financial reporting
- Drive consistency and efficiency in worldwide transactional processes, identify and implement opportunities for process improvements and global standardization.
- Support worldwide ERP implementation as it relates to the order to cash cycle
- Develop and periodically update standard operating procedures
- BS/BA degree required, preferably in Accounting, Finance, or Business
- Understanding of billing, credit card processing, returns, refunds, cash application, deduction management, and credit & collections in a high volume environment
- Proficient in computer software including an ERP system (for example, Great Plains, SAP, etc.) and Excel
- Familiarity with SOX internal controls and operating in a public company environment
- Ability to meet deadlines and deliver high quality work product
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and organization skills
- Basic knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- A broad and global mindset with an ability to work and communicate effectively in an diverse environment
- 2-3 years of prior experience as an Accounts Receivable Supervisor or Manager, including managing a team
- Experience with an ERP implementation, preferably SAP
- A view to best practices in the order to cash process
- Familiar with other tools such as Google suite and database systems
- Ownership - embraces full accountability
- Collaboration - works well across diverse groups at Sonos to arrive at positive outcomes
- Active learner - constant questioning and growing; actively seeks diverse viewpoints, creating a culture where it’s safe to dissent, with getting to the best decision/outcome as the goal rather than being “right”
- Respect – fosters a culture of respect within their team, and acts with integrity in all interactions inside and outside of Sonos
- Transparency – openly shares motives, decisions, data and knowledge so others can be successful, erring on the side of full disclosure and over communication
- Talent magnet – proven track record of attracting and developing talented people from a diversity of backgrounds, cultures, genders, races, and ages
Sonos is a sound experience company. We pioneered multiroom wireless audio, made it sound amazing, and changed the way people listen, making it effortless for them to enjoy what they want, where they want, how they want.
Today we continue empowering listeners by developing new technologies, thoughtfully designing products, expanding our software platform, and crafting brilliant sound experiences while participating in a culture that values respect, transparency, collaboration, and ownership.
Together we’re working to positively impact the world and inspire everyone to listen better—because listening brings people together, builds understanding, drives change, and makes us happier.
Notice to European Job Applicants: Information you submit as a part of your job application will be used in accordance with Sonos EU Job Applicant Privacy Notice.
Notice to U.S. Job Applicants: Sonos is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Follow the links to review the EEO is the Law poster and its supplement. The pay transparency policy is available here. Sonos is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.