Location: Boston, Santa Barbara
More than a candidate that checks every box, we’re looking for people who are excited to work, learn, and grow at Sonos—no matter their background or how they identify. If that’s you, we hope you’ll apply for this role.
You want to be part of a team.
You come with new ideas and a unique point of view. You look forward to collaborating with a diverse team of individuals. You assume everyone’s best intentions, welcome a healthy debate, and embrace differing opinions. You eagerly seek and give help. Transparency tops your list of values, and you proactively contribute to a culture of respect and inclusion.
You enjoy a challenge.
Inquisitive and focused, you see every challenge as an opportunity. You’re ambitious and comfortable making mistakes because you learn from them and bounce back quickly. You would rather create the future than wait for it. You prioritize long-term value over short-term objectives.
You love to listen.
You approach every interaction with curiosity and a desire to understand. You want to make a positive impact in the world. You’re passionate about culture and know the power that music, film, podcasts, games, and stories have to bring people together.
- Work closely with Acoustical Engineers, Audio Systems Engineers, Mechanical Engineers, and Industrial Design to solve complex acoustic problems while maintaining synergy between product design and audio performance
- Conduct and review simulation results and validate that the design meets targets
- Drive the design of acoustic elements in the system including enclosures, ports, and waveguides
- Develop prototypes, work with technicians to evaluate them in our world-class audio labs, and set up iterative DOEs and simulations to converge on results which meets aggressive performance targets
- Provide guidance and mentorship to team members to increase their acoustic knowledge and understanding
- Investigate relevant emerging technologies in the acoustic and audio industries; actively look for new and innovative ways to improve the sound experience for our customers
- Be a passionate advocate for everything that makes our products sound better!
- Minimum of BS (MS preferred) in acoustics, electrical engineering, mechanical engineering, physics or an equivalent discipline
- 5 or more years’ experience in loudspeaker design and engineering, or acoustic systems engineering
- Exceptional knowledge of acoustic fundamentals
- Solid understanding of transducer design and/or digital signal processing
- Demonstrated ability to deliver excellent products under a tight deadline
- Decisive, action-oriented team player who learns quickly, drives innovation, and takes ownership of open issues
- Experience with a variety of acoustic test equipment such as CLIO, Klippel, SoundCheck, Audio Precision, etc.
- Experience using simulation tools such as LEAP, MatLab, COMSOL, etc. to model and predict audio system performance
- Personal passion for sound quality and music; active musicians a plus!
Sonos is a sound experience company. We pioneered multiroom wireless audio, made it sound amazing, and changed the way people listen, making it effortless for them to enjoy what they want, where they want, how they want.
Today we continue empowering listeners by developing new technologies, thoughtfully designing products, expanding our software platform, and crafting brilliant sound experiences while participating in a culture that values respect, transparency, collaboration, and ownership.
Together we’re working to positively impact the world and inspire everyone to listen better—because listening brings people together, builds understanding, drives change, and makes us happier.
Notice to European Job Applicants: Information you submit as a part of your job application will be used in accordance with Sonos EU Job Applicant Privacy Notice.
Notice to U.S. Job Applicants: Sonos is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Follow the links to review the EEO is the Law poster and its supplement. The pay transparency policy is available here. Sonos is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.