Accounts Receivable Accountant
Location: Santa Barbara
More than a candidate that checks every box, we’re looking for people who are excited to work, learn, and grow at Sonos—no matter their background or how they identify. If that’s you, we hope you’ll apply for this role.
You want to be part of a team.
You come with new ideas and a unique point of view. You look forward to collaborating with a diverse team of individuals. You assume everyone’s best intentions, welcome a healthy debate, and embrace differing opinions. You eagerly seek and give help. Transparency tops your list of values, and you proactively contribute to a culture of respect and inclusion.
You enjoy a challenge.
Inquisitive and focused, you see every challenge as an opportunity. You’re ambitious and comfortable making mistakes because you learn from them and bounce back quickly. You would rather create the future than wait for it. You prioritize long-term value over short-term objectives.
You love to listen.
You approach every interaction with curiosity and a desire to understand. You want to make a positive impact in the world. You’re passionate about culture and know the power that music, film, podcasts, games, and stories have to bring people together.
- Own the processing of Sonos’ sales incentive and marketing deductions, including gathering, analyzing for validity, summarizing, routing for approval, and processing in the ERP system to increase Sonos’ payback amount each fiscal year and have a clean AR aging
- Assist in coordinating the AR month-end close process, especially to assist with sales incentive accruals and running revaluation for the AR subledger
- Daily credit card reconciliations
- Create and assign reseller price levels in the ERP system
- Create credits in the ERP system for customer refunds
- Practice a regular AR write-off process to assist in the AR aging clean-up process
- Ensure internal SOX controls around deductions are operating effectively as designed
- Explore how we can further automate AR processes to decrease the service level agreement (SLA) time, decrease manual error, and increase customer satisfaction. This may include active involvement on the project team to implement AR automation tools.
- BS/BA degree preferably in Accounting, Finance, Business or equivalent work experience
- 4+ years of prior experience in an accounting or operational role
- 3+ years of prior experience in Accounts Receivable team is highly preferred
- Highly proficient in computer software programs, such as an ERP (Great Plains, SAP, etc.), Google suite, and database systems.
- Strong and proactive communication skills to ensure timely approvals are received and that company policy is followed
- Strong attention to detail. This role should prioritize accuracy over speed.
- General accounting knowledge
- Strong Excel skills and possesses a strong aptitude in developing, manipulating, and managing complex spreadsheets
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and organization skills
- Ability to meet deadlines and deliver high quality work product
- Ownership - embraces full accountability
- Collaboration - works well across diverse groups at Sonos to arrive at positive outcomes
- Respect – fosters a culture of respect within their team, and acts with integrity in all interactions inside and outside of Sonos
- Transparency – openly shares motives, decisions, data and knowledge so others can be successful, erring on the side of full disclosure and over communication
Sonos is a sound experience company. We pioneered multiroom wireless audio, made it sound amazing, and changed the way people listen, making it effortless for them to enjoy what they want, where they want, how they want.
Today we continue empowering listeners by developing new technologies, thoughtfully designing products, expanding our software platform, and crafting brilliant sound experiences while participating in a culture that values respect, transparency, collaboration, and ownership.
Together we’re working to positively impact the world and inspire everyone to listen better—because listening brings people together, builds understanding, drives change, and makes us happier.
Notice to European Job Applicants: Information you submit as a part of your job application will be used in accordance with Sonos EU Job Applicant Privacy Notice.
Notice to U.S. Job Applicants: Sonos is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Follow the links to review the EEO is the Law poster and its supplement. The pay transparency policy is available here. Sonos is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.