Accounts Receivable Accountant EMEA
You will report to the Manager Accounts Receivable EMEA.
More than a candidate that checks every box, we’re looking for people who are excited to work, learn, and grow at Sonos—no matter their background or how they identify. If that’s you, we hope you’ll apply for this role.
You want to be part of a team.
You come with new ideas and a unique point of view. You look forward to collaborating with a diverse team of individuals. You assume everyone’s best intentions, welcome a healthy debate, and embrace differing opinions. You eagerly seek and give help. Transparency tops your list of values, and you proactively contribute to a culture of respect and inclusion.
You enjoy a challenge.
Inquisitive and focused, you see every challenge as an opportunity. You’re ambitious and comfortable making mistakes because you learn from them and bounce back quickly. You would rather create the future than wait for it. You prioritize long-term value over short-term objectives.
You love to listen.
You approach every interaction with curiosity and a desire to understand. You want to make a positive impact in the world. You’re passionate about culture and know the power that music, film, podcasts, games, and stories have to bring people together.
- Process, streamline and own the payment process for various payment providers like Klarna, Paypal and Credit Cards in 7 currencies;
- Issue credit notes to retailers for returned items in the RMA process;
- Process refunds to direct customers;
- Reconcile general ledger accounts related to the direct payment process;
- Prepare balance sheet reconciliations for various AR and Revenue accounts;
- Act as a backup for the daily invoicing process and reconcile shipments from our warehouse with booked revenue; Collaborate with the Inventory accounting team to ensure reconciliation of warehouse levels.
- Prepare monthly contra revenue bookings according to customer specific agreements;
- Interact other teams, like Controlling, Sales, Logistics, and Fulfilment on specific AR related projects and business initiatives;
- Assist quarterly and annual external audits;
- Optimize processes and gain efficiencies;
- Prepare for upcoming SAP implementation.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, business, finance and/or equivalent work experience.
- Experience with internet payments.
- Experience with compliance / SOX processes.
- Knowledge of (consumer) VAT processes.
- Experienced in working in a multi-currency environment.
- Fluency in English, Dutch is a plus.
- Experienced Excel user.
- Microsoft Dynamics GP / Great Plains experience is a huge plus.
- Candidates must be eligible to work in the Netherlands or hold a valid work permit.
- Ability to work in a fast-moving, team-oriented and collaborative environment.
- Maintains a positive attitude and delivers top notch performance.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills.
- Ability to work under pressure.
No recruitment agencies.
Sonos is a sound experience company. We pioneered multiroom wireless audio, made it sound amazing, and changed the way people listen, making it effortless for them to enjoy what they want, where they want, how they want.
Today we continue empowering listeners by developing new technologies, thoughtfully designing products, expanding our software platform, and crafting brilliant sound experiences while participating in a culture that values respect, transparency, collaboration, and ownership.
Together we’re working to positively impact the world and inspire everyone to listen better—because listening brings people together, builds understanding, drives change, and makes us happier.
Notice to European Job Applicants: Information you submit as a part of your job application will be used in accordance with Sonos EU Job Applicant Privacy Notice.
Notice to U.S. Job Applicants: Sonos is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Follow the links to review the EEO is the Law poster and its supplement. The pay transparency policy is available here. Sonos is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.