Accounting Operations Analyst
Location: Santa Barbara
You want to be part of a team.
You come with new ideas and a unique point of view. You look forward to collaborating with a diverse team of talent. You assume everyone’s best intentions, welcome a healthy debate, and embrace differing opinions. You eagerly seek and give help. Transparency tops your list of values, and you proactively contribute to a culture of respect and inclusion.
You enjoy a challenge.
Inquisitive and focused, you see every challenge as an opportunity. You’re ambitious and comfortable making mistakes because you learn from them and bounce back quickly. You would rather create the future than wait for it. You prioritize long-term value over short-term objectives.
You love to listen.
You approach every interaction with curiosity and a desire to understand. You want to make a positive impact in the world. You’re passionate about culture and know the power that music, film, podcasts, games, and stories have to bring people together.
- Streamline and perform global credit card payment reconciliation against credit card processing system and bank accounts.
- Assist sales and customers globally to reconcile returns credit on regular cadence.
- Work with GL accounting team to produce and accurately classify AR related journal entries.
- Collaborate with Inventory Accounting team to ensure timely and accurate inventory levels across all warehouses.
- Analyze account receivables data to produce clear and objective centralized AR reporting.
- Provide subject matter expertise on the interrelationships between accounting operations. requirements and automation solutions, considering current system capabilities and the potential integration of future new systems.
- Identify AR process choke points and recommend courses of actions to lean out the process and ensure the most optimal and efficient results.
- Assist quarterly and annual external audits.
- Work closely with the Manager, Global Accounting Services on the implementation of strategic projects, programs, systems and financial service center.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, business, finance or equivalent work experience.
- Experience working with all levels of leadership, attention to detail, anticipatory thinking and technical prowess.
- Knowledge and 3+ years of work experience with basic accounting principals.
- Experience with an accounting ERP (SAP preferred), Microsoft Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint.
- Ability to work in a fast-moving, team-oriented and collaborative environment.
- Maintains a positive attitude and delivers top notch performance.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills.
- Optimistic and willingness to learn.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Experience working in a company with global presence.
Sonos is a sound experience company. We pioneered multiroom wireless audio, made it sound amazing, and changed the way people listen, making it effortless for them to enjoy what they want, where they want, how they want.
Today we continue empowering listeners by developing new technologies, thoughtfully designing products, expanding our software platform, and crafting brilliant sound experiences while participating in a culture that values respect, transparency, collaboration, and ownership.
Together we’re working to positively impact the world and inspire everyone to listen better—because listening brings people together, builds understanding, drives change, and makes us happier.
Notice to European Job Applicants: Information you submit as a part of your job application will be used in accordance with Sonos EU Job Applicant Privacy Notice.
Notice to U.S. Job Applicants: Sonos is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Follow the links to review the EEO is the Law poster and its supplement. The pay transparency policy is available here. Sonos is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.