AV Support Engineer
Platforms and Infrastructure
At Sonos we are passionate about bringing music into every home. To deliver this mission, we must provide the service and support necessary for our band-mates to perform their jobs effortlessly, with a consistent and high-quality experience at every office around the world. Everything we do – from the products we design to the way we run our business expresses this passion.
We are looking for a dynamic individual to help manage and support our growing AV and IT needs. In this role, you will do daily AV and IT support and operations. You will have exposure to the entire company and get to work directly with people from other departments to ensure they can do their best work with the most efficient use of technology possible. The ideal candidate will actively seek ways to improve our interoffice live video streaming, conferencing and IT technologies.
The primary focus for this position involves software/hardware installation and break-fix support for AV technologies (i.e. Cameras, TV’s, Mic’s & Mixers, Speakers, etc…). The position requires a logical and structured approach to problem identification and isolation, ticket handling, troubleshooting, and decision making with an emphasis on superior customer service.
You're not like everyone else.
You bring a unique perspective to the table. Transparency tops your list of values. Your smarts and creativity are off the charts, matched only by your humility. You want to collaborate with a team of diverse talent. You proactively contribute to a culture of respect and inclusion.
You enjoy a challenge.
Inquisitive and focused, you see every challenge as an opportunity. You're ambitious and unafraid to make mistakes because you learn from them and bounce back quickly. You don't stop until you get it right. "Impossible" isn't in your vocabulary. You're more interested in creating the future than waiting for it.
You love to listen.
You start every interaction from a place of listening and seeking to understand. You're culturally connected. You remember your first concert. You can readily recommend a binge-worthy show on Netflix, Hulu or HBO. You can't sit in traffic without a great audiobook, podcast or album. You can make a killer playlist. Your idea of a good weekend includes watching a movie or playing a video game.
To deliver the best experience for all Sonos employees you will do the following:
- Perform day-to-day operational support for AV/VC at our Boston facility, including: ensure conference rooms are fully functional before the work day begins, video conferencing support and troubleshooting, event support (day and evening), and training end users in operation of systems as well as basic VC best practices. Actively maintain conference room equipment, execute preventative maintenance and troubleshoot AV/VC infrastructure and equipment issues. Support AV team with regular HW & SW upgrades. Maintain & support our Open Area Players deployed throughout the office spaces. Perform routine installations and smaller projects as needed.
- Monitor the desktop support queue for incoming tickets and participates in a shift schedule for responding to and dispositioning tickets. Resolve common hardware issues pertaining to laptops, printers, peripherals, and mobile devices. Image laptops for deployment and decommissions depreciated equipment. Manually install requested software. Use internal and external tools to deploy supported software. Troubleshoot/respond to incidents and provide repair services to maintain operation. Prioritize and address incidents and requests.
- Perform new hire desk setups and moves. Perform onboard/offboard activities and licensing for user accounts, including legal holds. Handle account management and access to systems as well as account maintenance and cleanup according to established processes.
- Setup/breakdown of event gear, live webinar support and coordination, live-stream.
- Help coordinate events with local AV vendor(s) together with our Communications team.
- Make them fun and flawless!
- Technical Solution Design
- Provide input for network and AV/VC infrastructure related improvements, in both local and remote sites and other assigned technical areas. Participate in the creation of self-service materials for use by the rest of the company, e.g. KB articles and self-help videos. Create and audit specific documentation to ensure that it is up to date.
Facilities and Inventory Support
- Perform daily checks of conference rooms and performs basic preventative actions. Work with local vendors to schedule RMA's, repairs and replacements. Ensure all delivered inventory matches PO's, maintain received goods listing and sufficient IT and AV inventory levels. Perform regular IDF/MDF maintenance.
Apply now and if there is a good match we'll reach out.
In 2002, Sonos set out to reinvent the way people listen at home. The wireless home sound system we created makes it easier than ever to fill any and every room with music, podcasts, TV, and just about anything else you could ever want to hear-all with brilliant, immersive clarity. Since then millions of people in over 60 countries have made Sonos part of their lives.
Today we remain focused on innovation, thoughtfully designing products, inventing new technologies, expanding our software platform, crafting the best sound experience and making a positive social impact in the world.
We're empowering people to listen better because listening builds understanding and drives change. It even increases happiness and brings people together. Simply put, listening leads to a better life. (We've got the data to prove it.)
Notice to European Job Applicants: Information you submit as a part of your job application will be used in accordance with Sonos EU Job Applicant Privacy Notice.
Notice to U.S. Job Applicants: Sonos is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. Follow the links to review the EEO is the Law poster and its supplement. The pay transparency policy is available here. Sonos is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.