Ready to change
the world through music?
Here’s just one of the many ways you can make that happen at Sonos.
(Contract) Junior Localization Coordinator
We are looking for a temporary Junior Localization coordinator (6 - 9 months period) to be part of the Brand Experience team within the EMEA Marketing organization.
You will be responsible for coordinating the translations for EMEA and AMPAC. You will work closely together with functional owners across EMEA and Global marketing, local markets and agencies. A Localization coordinator faces many challenges. The role requires the ability to work in an environment that is fast paced and to manage aggressive delivery schedules.
A critical challenge is the ability to manage the work of internal teams and external people located around the world. Daily work requires the management of translation projects, coordination with internal teams and Global team, localization agency, training of team members, briefing of agency and team members.
Our band is large. And while there’s plenty of room for all kinds of personalities and skill sets to succeed, there are certain qualities that will help you thrive here.
Like a never-accept-less work ethic. An exceptionally low ego-to-talent ratio (none of the first, tons of the latter). A relentless craving to push past your limits and try new things. The smarts and the humble confidence to take on big challenges, make mistakes fast and early, embrace tough feedback, then recover quickly with fresh, startlingly perfect solutions. A fearless willingness to defend great work. And a tendency to totally geek out on music.
If this sounds like you, read on and let’s connect soon.
• Manage localization projects, working closely with localization agency, copywriters, proofreaders, internal stakeholders and external vendors.
• Help with controlling the localization project budgets, performs cost tracking analysis, ensures timely issuance of purchase orders and invoices and approves work reports.
• Identify and solve localization issues or disagreements, whether system or product, identifies causes and performs corrective/preventative action.
• Have weekly meetings and conference calls with project managers from the agency, including project kick-off meetings, weekly and ad-hoc, issue solves and performs post-mortems, while ensuring minutes are being distributed and manages the delivery of agreed upon active items.
• Present monthly quality reports on quality of translations by measuring quality through system.
• You will on-board new stakeholders and explain the process.
• Experience directly related to project management (preferably in the localization industry).
• Experience in working in international companies.
• Business level English, excellent communication skills, additional European language skills are welcome.
• Excellent verbal and written English communication skills.
• Living in The Netherlands.
• Organizational and project management skills.
• Problem-solving capabilities.
• Quality and detail-oriented.
• Strong team player in a multi-language/multi-cultural environment.
• Self-starter and pro-active.
• Ability to work independently and meet deadlines under pressure.
• Knowledge and interest in continuing to learn and identify new technologies and new tool.
• Knowledge/skills: MS Office, Trans-creation system(s) is nice but not needed.
Apply now and if there is a strong match, you'll be invited for a first interview.
In 2002, we set out to reinvent home audio for the digital age. Our mission–to fill every home with amazing sounding music. Yes, it was an ambitious goal. Challenging, too. And that hasn’t changed.
Since those early days, we’ve remained tirelessly focused on finding innovative ways to make listening out loud, with friends and loved ones, the truly transformative experience it should be. We’ve seen our vision capture the imaginations of music lovers in more than 60 countries, as we’ve continued to introduce products, software, and technologies that help people share the songs they love, discover new music they never knew existed, and experience richer, more musical lives.
At Sonos, we are building a team with extraordinary talent to help us fill every home with music. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.